Let's vote for the must-have options in Taycan configuration

What's the Must-have options on Taycan configuration?

• Total voters

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
For me a Porsche is a drivers car that's why I skipped InnoDrive and ACC. If you like it then it's cool as well.
Yep but if you use your Taycan as a daily driver with lots of motorway miles / traffic jams / long drives etc Innodrive is a blessing
Sponsored

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Yep but if you use your Taycan as a daily driver with lots of motorway miles / traffic jams / long drives etc Innodrive is a blessing
Not for me. The Taycan will be my daily driver and my current Tesla Model S has AutoPilot. But I used it very rarely although I do long trips and drive on the Autobahn daily. I just don't like to be driven by my own car. I love driving and be the "active part" so I skipped ACC/InnoDrive.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
my understanding is you minimally get ACC and you can add Innodrive and other features later. I am hoping that "on demand" features like Innodrive will improve over time, so I'll spring for the ACC at least in the spirit of future-proofing the car.

ORZOWEI

First Name
ORZO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X P100D - Taycan Turbo S (2021)
Country flag
To me, the most important optional in the Taycan is PDCC. Even with its low center of gravity, PDCC is the key to enjoy the car like a real sports car...
Also, if you drive by night often, night vision assist is very useful to increase safety.
Oh, and the panoramic roof, it makes the car interior much better, and larger than it really is...

Gentleman Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ride-on Honda Mower
Country flag
Adaptive cruise is ok, I actually prefer standard cruise, I tend to zone out and end up slowing down behind slower cars with adaptive!
I tried Innodrive but that was shocking, took my hands off the steering wheel and the car tried to strangle me to wake me up when it got close to the lane line, wasn't expecting such a violent nudge!!!:punch:
Took that off the spec the same day...

• Haha
Reactions: B61

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To me, the most important optional in the Taycan is PDCC. Even with its low center of gravity, PDCC is the key to enjoy the car like a real sports car...
Also, if you drive by night often, night vision assist is very useful to increase safety.
Oh, and the panoramic roof, it makes the car interior much better, and larger than it really is...
I'm overwhelmed by the acronyms on the configurator, and I cannot even find PDCC listed. Does it go by another name? Is it the air suspension?

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
@4thPcar PDCC Sport = Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport

Description: Active roll stabilization system with active electromechanical anti-roll bars at the front and rear axles for an ultra sporty chassis setup. Reduces lateral tilt when cornering and improves driving dynamics and agility.

Source: Porsche Website

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Without a doubt, the best option is 360 degree cameras even if the quality isn't the best. For me it is an absolute must have for this car.

ORZOWEI

First Name
ORZO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X P100D - Taycan Turbo S (2021)
Country flag
I'm overwhelmed by the acronyms on the configurator, and I cannot even find PDCC listed. Does it go by another name? Is it the air suspension?
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control, or active anti-roll bars.
With that system equipped the Taycan is like a train on rails...

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Its interesting how many different owners or future owners are differing on this topic of what is "most critical." As far as I know, the base model without options will start and drive like a Porsche. I was lucky to find (through this forum) a good SA who owns a 911 GT3, ordered his own Taycan and claims to "really know this car." He's directed me to the two premium packages (for the US market) and air suspension for inclined driveways (I'll add rear wheel steering to assist with parallel parking as its a big car for us). Even though he's commissioned on my total spend, he's steered me away from most everything else, suggesting "unless you are going to be on a track, you won't get the full benefit of those features." Clearly we can all spend as much $ as is available (or get highly leveraged), but this advice really helped me to be "at peace" with my build.

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Without a doubt, the best option is 360 degree cameras even if the quality isn't the best. For me it is an absolute must have for this car.
Is this part of the premium package ? Do you know how this compares to the 3D 360 view cameras (as part of Park Assist)
Sponsored