Leveling / lowering nose while driving

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
Does anyone know if you can bring the nose down slightly while driving?

Chuck J
Sponsored

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Does anyone know if you can bring the nose down slightly while driving?

Chuck J
From what I've read, Range mode and Sport/Sport Plus all lower the entire car. I don't know that there's any control over just the front end. I'll trust that the engineers at Porsche have done their homework on the aerodynamics...

OP
OP
Chuck J

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
Looking to see more out of the rear window.

Chuck J

OP
OP
Chuck J

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fantastic. is that an option or standard?

Chuck J

OP
OP
Chuck J

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wonderful!

Chuck J

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Standard but I'm not sure it'll work at any speed.
If no one else aswers that, I'll tell you Saturday as I'm going to pick up my car.
I sure hope it does. Honestly, I am still quite surprised that companies have not done more in this space, especially in cars like this that have a really small rear window. We now have the availability of a passenger screen (that nobody in particular was asking for) but still not digital rear view mirror.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I sure hope it does. Honestly, I am still quite surprised that companies have not done more in this space, especially in cars like this that have a really small rear window. We now have the availability of a passenger screen (that nobody in particular was asking for) but still not digital rear view mirror.
There are: Audi E-tron (expensive option though), Honda E (standard, both left/right and rear view), Lexus (world first).

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Lots of reasons why it hasn’t happened yet. Clarity: A mirror has higher definition/resolution than any camera & screen. Your eyes have better dynamic range than cameras & screens.

here’s another reason that affects me, but maybe not everyone: near & far-sightedness. I wear glasses so I can have 20/20 vision at a distance. That works great for my view out the front windshield and the rear window via the mirror. My focus is distant and clear.

now, if you replaced my mirror with a camera and screen, now I have to focus up close, on the screen. That doesn’t work; my vision is now compromised.

Yes, sometimes I struggle switching between lookjng outside (clear with glasses) and looking at fine details on the Nav screen (clear without glasses).

that’s just me. I’m getting older.
Sponsored