Lifting the Taycan for wheel change - tips for avoiding damage?

Brazz

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Panamera 4S EH, 2022 Cayenne
Country flag
Hello. I searched but didn't find a previous post. I'm considering changing the wheels on my 4S. Since these cars are relatively new and there is limited 3rd party experience in lifting and installing tires, are there any special considerations to inform the tire/wheel dealer? I'm trying to avoid them damaging any of the components under the car? How has everyone dealt with this? Thanks.
Sponsored

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Start with the owners manual depending on your version.
pages 188, 138, 249

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hello. I searched but didn't find a previous post. I'm considering changing the wheels on my 4S. Since these cars are relatively new and there is limited 3rd party experience in lifting and installing tires, are there any special considerations to inform the tire/wheel dealer? I'm trying to avoid them damaging any of the components under the car? How has everyone dealt with this? Thanks.
Disable air suspension first.

Use nominated jacking points as per manual.

Fit wheels.

Update PCM to new size.

TPMS will take a few minutes to 'learn the new size.

Finished!

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
Just to close this thread, I took a set of replacement wheels+tires to our local great tire store. Watched the process, which was straightforward.

The instructions provided above are good, although in my case I was not changing to a different size wheel. In that circumstance there is a trick to getting the car to recognize the PCM: with the car powered on change to any other wheel size in Settings : Vehicle : Tire Pressure Preferences briefly, then back to the actual (same) size of your wheels. At that point a message comes up indicating that the pressure will begin once the car surpasses 15 mph.

In my case a >15mph drive of about 1/2 a mile was sufficient for the pressure to start being reported.
Sponsored