Light interior stains, cleaning, upkeep?

isrihel

First Name
Inderjit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I am considering to have light interior in my CT, but Im just afraid that will I be able to keep it light, so afraid of getting stains from jeans,etc. Any of you guys had good experience with light leather interior in Taycan, is it easy to keep it clean ?
Sponsored

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
I recently saw a Taycan 4S from the local Porsche Centre with chalk interior and only 2000km on the clock. The seats were full of stains from Jeans. Guess nobody has ever cleaned the seats. I was so happy I haven't optioned Chalk interior. I think the white Tesla interior, I currently have on my Model S, is easier to clean as it's letherette and not genuine leather. Just my 2ct

Last edited:

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I have standard interior in beige w/ 1650 miles and it still looks brand new. I know that’s not many miles, but I was really worried about the light color and am happy to see how it’s held up so far. I’ve probably driven over half those miles myself and always in jeans. I’ll be keeping a close eye on it for sure.

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have light interiors in all three of my current Porsches and have black/beige leather coming on my Taycan. I probably spend about 5 minutes a month doing a very quick clean with leather cleaner on each and they all look fine - and wear jeans just about all the time. Go for what you are going to enjoy.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
After 7,000 miles with many, many friends and coworkers test driving my Taycan, the beige seats have no stains. I had the leather treated with Gyeon when new, but otherwise I don’t do anything special. I have the Olea leather if that makes a difference.

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
I’ve had white seats in my bmw for 5 years. I treat with leathermasters protectant every few months when I wash the car, no issues. When dye transfer does happen (usually from new dark blue jeans), it will wipe off with a bit of cleaner no problem.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
23+ years of using HI-TECH extra foamy on all my vehicles. EXCELLENT results and keeps my interiors looking new. (Leather, vinyl, plastics, switches) I use it all the time on steering wheels and areas that get touched all time time.
Sponsored