• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
what is your take on the sound generated by the car?
Sponsored

Cooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Not big fan, but it is ok. Could there be possibility of changing it? In my mind it would just need a new mp3 to be uploaded to the system.

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
5 months into ownership. At first I liked the electric sound but then after a month I got tired of it, found it unnecessary, and turned it off. Then after another couple of months I missed it, turned it back on, and love it. I suppose then it depends on my mood, but as is true for many things in life it’s nice to have the choice.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I voted assuming that this poll is about the augmented Electronic Sport Sound (or whatever it's called). The real motor etc. noises provide enough aural feedback for me (hoping my car's not faulty 😁 ).

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I didn't like it on the test drive but have since added it back in to my spec. Heaven knows why...probably solely for the benefit of when other people are having a passenger ride

It's a good question about the sound change - would be ace if they did a FOD option for different sounds

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
I like it, adds a fun factor to the car, but I'm annoyed that Porsche did not think it would best be something that did not have to be turned on every single time you start the car. So many little oversights with this vehicle, it seems.

I guess I'll find more when I actually get the car...

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I don't use it day to day, only when I drive the car aggressively on the back and mountain roads. I find it gives me a good indication of the speed I am going at, a little like a ICE car would do as the engine revs. I am on the fence as whether I would spec it again, but TBH I am also on the fence whether I would spec the PSE on a 911 I have in the configurator; maybe this is because I got used to the Taycan's quietness but I find the test 911 car's "normal" exhaust loud enough..

Deleted member 7736

I keep wanting to like it since I paid for it. 😅

I set the dash joker button to turn the sport sound on/off. Every time I turn it on it annoys me after a minute or two. Everyone that's been in the car with me that I've asked thinks it lame.

Thankfully there is the option to turn it off. Too bad I can't get my money back.

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
I thought I would like it MUCH more than I have. I find the low frequencies to be mind numbing in the worst sense. I optioned it and would love to sell it for 1/2 what I paid ;)

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
I love the sound. Started off by only using it in urban settings but now just have it on all the time. Find myself doing that thing that all men/boys do and driving along going "booooooyyyyyyyy" (as opposed to ICE "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Do you mean the sports sound or the general noise the motors make? I didn't opt for the sports sound so my response of no is the general noise the car makes. It sounds like a Jubilee Line Tube train! Only thing I don't really like about the car.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I yell "super speeeeedddd" after turning on Sport sound.

Of course that's when my 4 y/o is also in the car.;)

When I drive alone I turned it on from time to time, it is a moment-of-fun & once-in-a-while thing, and I am glad by checking it.

Reactions: pio

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I love the sound but I never use it then it is useless.
Sponsored