lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I use it when i wanted to warn surroundings (wild and domestic animals, pedestrians, runners…).
The external noise is always on. If you have the widows open it may have a tiny effect.
Sponsored

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
I'd like it much more if it could sound like a 911, a Ferrari, a big truck, etc. Would amp up the gee-wiz factor kinda like changing the color on the ambient lights.

Deleted member 7736

The external noise is always on. If you have the widows open it may have a tiny effect.
My understanding is that there are additional external speakers associated with the sport sound option, in addition to the internal speakers. So while the Taycan does make some sounds to warn pedestrians without the sport sound option, it does generate additional external sound when sport sound is on.

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
My understanding is that there are additional external speakers associated with the sport sound option, in addition to the internal speakers. So while the Taycan does make some sounds to warn pedestrians without the sport sound option, it does generate additional external sound when sport sound is on.
I never realized it is for outside too. I will check it when the car will be back from the dealer.

LeftCoastElectric

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I never realized it is for outside too. I will check it when the car will be back from the dealer.
Here is a thread which shows the external speaker.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/making-the-sport-electric-sound-louder.5661/post-77976

I notice when people are about 50 feet ahead of me in my neighborhood, if I turn on the sport sound to let them know I'm there, 9 out of 10 times they turn their heads. And when I DON'T turn on the sound, they don't hear me till it's too late. Honestly had 2 people so far walk our in front of my car.

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
From what I've garnered from YouTube, the 'sport sound' ethos becomes pretty canned after a minute or 2. I did not add it to my spec.
My ears prefer silence, my soul enjoys double bass drums and Les Paul DiMarzios. :rock:

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Here is a thread which shows the external speaker.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/making-the-sport-electric-sound-louder.5661/post-77976

I notice when people are about 50 feet ahead of me in my neighborhood, if I turn on the sport sound to let them know I'm there, 9 out of 10 times they turn their heads. And when I DON'T turn on the sound, they don't hear me till it's too late. Honestly had 2 people so far walk our in front of my car.
When driving my Tesla in DC, pedestrians would walk out in front of me all of the time without looking, and often in mid block. A few times it was legitimately close and I honked to warn as I slammed on the brakes, and both times the guilty pedestrian thanked me profusely with their middle fingers. I appreciated that they took the time to recognize that I had just saved their lives.

Now, in the Taycan, I leave sport sound on 24/7 in urban environments. Nobody has had to thank me yet (fingers crossed).

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
I like it for aggressive drivingt gives good feedback. I don’t like the drone at low speeds. It reminds me of a failing wheel bearing.

It is useful for warning pedestrians in busy places.

Overall, the sounds it makes are fantastic and well conceived. It’s just the annoying drone at low speeds that makes it annoying.

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I love it. I wish it just stayed on. I need that aural feedback to help me gauge my acceleration. The sound is very similar to the sound the Mandalorian/Return of the Jedi speeder bikes. A Star Wars car needs a Star Wars sound.

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I ordered it before I had a chance to test drive the car...

When I finally got to test drive it (after my freeze date), I found it to be super annoying and turned it off after 30 seconds...

But since I paid for it, I always turn it on now when I am driving. Now that I am used to it, it feels weird when I don't have it on. It actually gives you a better sense of how fast you are driving in the city. I don't even think it is on when you are driving above a certain speed in the highway.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
My ears prefer silence, my soul enjoys double bass drums and Les Paul DiMarzios. :rock:
That's got me thinking..there's mature software capable of real-time audio manipulation that could continuously sync the current track's tempo with vehicle speed while maintaining the correct pitch- now that's something I'd like to try (best with instrumental material- vocals would get seriously weeeeiiiiiird).

proficient_mathematician

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's got me thinking..there's mature software capable of real-time audio manipulation that could continuously sync the current track's tempo with vehicle speed while maintaining the correct pitch- now that's something I'd like to try (best with instrumental material- vocals would get seriously weeeeiiiiiird).
Yes, but every track would essentially turn into a Slayer song at a tempo of about 220 bpm. :rock:

Jackson

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 640d, CT4
Country flag
Does electric sport sound hearable outside?

P.S: rattle sounds annoying af.

WarryBhite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S, BMW IX3
Country flag
I like it when:
  1. Someone is in the car and you want to show the car's acceleration. It's adding a sort of experience factor to it.
  2. In a rural area it just makes more exterior sound to warn people I'm there
The sound itself is spacy enough but not annoying. I do like how they somehow synced the sound with the shift between the 2 gears in the back motor. Really shows that there indeed was some engineering and sync between the sound and how fast the car drives. Not only a mp3 that increases with the speed.

If I'm driving alone on highway speeds I turn it off as it has no benefit there.

Would I spec it again? Yes I would. Would I bang my head to a brick wall if I forgot to spec it? Nah
Sponsored