Locked it in! May 7 ETA

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
Finally locked in my GTS build! Volcano grey on red leather interior sitting on the RS wheels. Added the sport design package in carbon fiber too. My dealer required a certain $$ in options and I was told the ceramic brakes are on a stop sale so I swapped for the sport design package. Can't wait for it to come - May 7 ETA ??

Will be posting pics when I finally take delivery!
Sponsored

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Gratz! Wondering how much $ in options were “suggested” by the dealer?

And why is the ceramic not allowed?

OP
OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Gratz! Wondering how much $ in options were “suggested” by the dealer?

And why is the ceramic not allowed?
They wanted $35k CAD in options.

Re: ceramics, they said Porsche Canada put a stop sale on ceramics for the taycan due to shortages due to covid. I guess the 911's on order need their ceramic brakes.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
@Rob28, would you please share you build code. This sounds like and exciting build and the ETA is too good to be true.

OP
OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
Awesome! Just out of curiosity; do you really want to go for all season tires? Tests I have seen declare them much worse than proper summer tires in summer and much worse than proper winter tires on snow/ice. Or perhaps these are the type of tires mainly used in Canada?

OP
OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Awesome! Just out of curiosity; do you really want to go for all season tires? Tests I have seen declare them much worse than proper summer tires in summer and much worse than proper winter tires on snow/ice. Or perhaps these are the type of tires mainly used in Canada?
I'm probably going to use the all seasons and rs wheels only in the winter. I'll very likely get 22' aftermarket wheels. ? Originally, was going to get the 20' aero wheels but I needed to increase the options, wife like the RS wheels

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKM2UU6

Here it is ☺ I put a deposit down in Nov and my dealer held the first GTS allocation for me. Next deliveries after mine for GTS is Sept.
Rob,

Thank you for sharing the build. I do wonder about some of the rationale behind the choices. I am just learning so would appreciate the feedback.

- Choice of 18 vs 14. I found 18 to be too wide so 14 is my choice for the slimmer profile and Massage option. My point is that if you are looking to bump the option cost per your dealer that might be a good compromise.

- Choice of SD in Carbon vs. Exclusive to GTS trim. I typically like to stay to what is Exclusive to the model trim in this case GTS with all the outside bits as you typically just give them away to Porsche for free and buy brand new Package from them at full cost like this one. A double whammy so to speak. I see that you do not have PDCC selected so I was wondering if that would be a compromise to remove this package and add PDCC.

- 4-Zone Climate. I see you did not select that. I was originally first thought well that is not needed for sure but then I learned that 4-Zone comes with additional features such as footwell warmer air controls and that alone worth it to me to add especially if you are looking to reach a certain option spend with this being a value.

- Matrix as Standard on GTS. The last one is this. I wonder if that is going to impact your ETA given outages of these lights. They are no value for US but I know in Canada they are legal and they work great.

OP
OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Rob,

Thank you for sharing the build. I do wonder about some of the rationale behind the choices. I am just learning so would appreciate the feedback.

- Choice of 18 vs 14. I found 18 to be too wide so 14 is my choice for the slimmer profile and Massage option. My point is that if you are looking to bump the option cost per your dealer that might be a good compromise.

- Choice of SD in Carbon vs. Exclusive to GTS trim. I typically like to stay to what is Exclusive to the model trim in this case GTS with all the outside bits as you typically just give them away to Porsche for free and buy brand new Package from them at full cost like this one. A double whammy so to speak. I see that you do not have PDCC selected so I was wondering if that would be a compromise to remove this package and add PDCC.

- 4-Zone Climate. I see you did not select that. I was originally first thought well that is not needed for sure but then I learned that 4-Zone comes with additional features such as footwell warmer air controls and that alone worth it to me to add especially if you are looking to reach a certain option spend with this being a value.

- Matrix as Standard on GTS. The last one is this. I wonder if that is going to impact your ETA given outages of these lights. They are no value for US but I know in Canada they are legal and they work great.
Thanks for the comments, you're making me defend my build hehe. Most options I chose are based on whether I can sell them to my wife hah.

So in order:

The seats - I chose the 18 way as they were standard on the GTS and I liked how they felt when we test drove. Couldn't get my wife in board with the massage function - she thought it was "too much". We're also pretty young still (early 30's)and she thought that was a feature for old people lol

The SD in carbon fiber - I like the front bumper and the rear diffuser. I would have loved to choose the GTS side skirts and the SD front and rear but I couldn't. This was a last choice for me as the ceramic brakes were not available. I guess this was one I settled for.

PDCC - I was considering this but wanted to stick with the GTS tuned suspension. Videos/reviews said it was good.

4 zone climate - I was back and forth on this. My dealer suggested it too. I figured we will almost never have anyone in the backseat that cares about the temperature. We are planning to have a family but those kids will be too small to know the difference. Wife and I decided against it.

I didn't even look at the light, I just didn't want the blue ones. Don't really like it on this color spec.

This is locked in already, so I'm sticking with the build ☺

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
They wanted $35k CAD in options.

Re: ceramics, they said Porsche Canada put a stop sale on ceramics for the taycan due to shortages due to covid. I guess the 911's on order need their ceramic brakes.

Oh...what a shame, the ceramic brake would definitely be a great candidate in a 35K optioned build.

I assume you are on west coast, as anywhere else the all-season in Canadian winter would be less than ideal ;)

I also receive confirmation for an (Canadian) allocation for my GTS sedan this past Friday, and I was first one in line at my dealership as well. Looks like ours SA receive the confirmation roughly at the same time. And he told me to expect a end of May delivery So we will probably be taking delivery in roughly the same month.

Very exciting!

OP
OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh...what a shame, the ceramic brake would definitely be a great candidate in a 35K optioned build.

I assume you are on west coast, as anywhere else the all-season in Canadian winter would be less than ideal ;)

I also receive confirmation for an (Canadian) allocation for my GTS sedan this past Friday, and I was first one in line at my dealership as well. Looks like ours SA receive the confirmation roughly at the same time. And he told me to expect a end of May delivery So we will probably be taking delivery in roughly the same month.

Very exciting!
Awesome! And congrats! I'm actually in Toronto and agree on the all season tires. But I made the mistake of getting summer tires on my SQ5 and then swapping the wheels and using the OEM wheels for winter. I was limited in my selection of summer wheels. So I figured I'll use the 21's in the winter with the all season tires as this won't be my daily driver in the winter. If I need winter tires for the 21's I can find those as I did for my SQ5. And then I will get the exact spec'd wheels that I want for summer. Looking at Brixton forged kb01 22' ?

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Awesome! And congrats! I'm actually in Toronto and agree on the all season tires. But I made the mistake of getting summer tires on my SQ5 and then swapping the wheels and using the OEM wheels for winter. I was limited in my selection of summer wheels. So I figured I'll use the 21's in the winter with the all season tires as this won't be my daily driver in the winter. If I need winter tires for the 21's I can find those as I did for my SQ5. And then I will get the exact spec'd wheels that I want for summer. Looking at Brixton forged kb01 22' ?
Those 22” looks unique! I am in Toronto as well haha.

I opted for the 20’’ standard wheels and plan to change them into winter tires; probably going to look for something for the summer set next year. But I haven’t find a design I am into yet.

OP
OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Those 22” looks unique! I am in Toronto as well haha.

I opted for the 20’’ standard wheels and plan to change them into winter tires; probably going to look for something for the summer set next year. But I haven’t find a design I am into yet.
Yes that was my original plan too. A lot of people seem to like the Vossen HF5 on the taycan. I have them on my SQ5 so I don't want the same ones. Took me a really really long time to find something I like. I looked at Vossen, avant garde, and Brixton Forged. Good luck with the wheels took me forever

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Yes that was my original plan too. A lot of people seem to like the Vossen HF5 on the taycan. I have them on my SQ5 so I don't want the same ones. Took me a really really long time to find something I like. I looked at Vossen, avant garde, and Brixton Forged. Good luck with the wheels took me forever
Sounds good! I am impartial to the HF5, will be chatting with the wheel shop from time to time to see what's new. Look forward to seeing your picture/post in the coming months. I think I will be posting plenty to share back to the forum once mine arrive too; I have chalk exterior & red interior
Sponsored