Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
This joke becomes suddenly very unfunny when you imagine your family back there while the Taycan bursts into flames in an accident.
Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

OP
OP
benver

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
How about yelling "Porsche" and when the computer asks 'what do you want' you say 'unlock the doors'?
Touch the lower screen to wake it up, then pop the trunk from there.

If you have a 2021 and the phone with you you can also unlock it from the Connect app. Or maybe just call someone from your household to come and save you.
Nope, I have a MY2020. I didn't try the connect app and also didn't try the voice commands. Still I got out without much hassle. It just took a while to try the trick that got me out.

OP
OP
benver

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This joke becomes suddenly very unfunny when you imagine your family back there while the Taycan bursts into flames in an accident.
Very true, that's why I think it's a good idea to think about it and figure out a way to open the back doors when you're trapped inside.

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
In older Porsche and Audi, you have to try twice in a row to open the door.
So I would assume the same, drag twice the open handle of the door

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
Can you open the rear windows from inside when car is locked? Wouldn’t be a graceful exit.

Take off shoes and climb into front and try driver’s door? I haven’t even looked at how difficult that would be in the Taycan, I’ve done this in other cars (while working on interiors I hasten to add). Maybe in this car you have to be the same size as Frankie Dettori to do that though?

OP
OP
benver

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In older Porsche and Audi, you have to try twice in a row to open the door.
So I would assume the same, drag twice the open handle of the door
Nope, tried it, didn't work.

OP
OP
benver

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you open the rear windows from inside when car is locked? Wouldn’t be a graceful exit.
You're close to the solution I found...

Take off shoes and climb into front and try driver’s door? I haven’t even looked at how difficult that would be in the Taycan, I’ve done this in other cars (while working on interiors I hasten to add). Maybe in this car you have to be the same size as Frankie Dettori to do that though?
Yeah, I could do that in my previous car, but no way I would manage in the Taycan.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
If you could roll down the windows you could pull the outside door. However at least in the US if you can roll down the windows (not child locked) you can unlock the door by pulling twice.

If you can’t reach the front lock you should be able to reach the seat controls and move the seat forward until you can reach it.

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
Really? That sounds dangerous. How would you get out of the backseat if you were trapped?
On the bright side: Here in Europe we can kidnap whoever we want without risk the victim escape, and save the cost of duct tape (like you need for precaution over in the US). With sport sound turned on, no one will even hear screaming from the trunk :bandit:

Last edited:

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera GTS
Country flag
In fairness, most jokes become unfunny when you imagine your family stuck in a car that has burst into flames. ?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
On the bright side: Here in Europe we can kidnap whoever we want without risk the victim escape, and save the cost of duct tape (like you need for precaution over in the US). With sport sound turned on, no one will even hear screaming from the trunk :bandit:
Europe has all the advantages. Better food. Universal healthcare. Easier kidnapping. The list goes on.
Sponsored

Last edited: