First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 991.2 GTS 4 Conv, Macan Turbo
Country flag
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP7NEUY6

So like I’m sure everyone have spent too many hours selecting then de-selecting every option. To get to my final spec.

Somethings still considering - variable light control pano roof - but seems more a gimic
- Does the normal pano roof have a shade that closes (my current Macan Turbo had a blind you can close on the pano roof)?

- Would love to hear feedback from those That have the surface coated brakes? Do you notice any actual difference? For my 911 GTS I considered the full ceramics, but would really like to get feedback on the value of the surface coaged brakes. I picked them at the minute as the calliper colours better match the paintwork, but may drop they option

- Headups display - I loved this in my BMW M5 years ago, but it feels now that you have so many screen in the Taycan - having head up display is a little superflu less? Any feedback form those that have this option would be great?

- last but not least - anything else that I’m missing. E.g. you wish you added but didn’t or, the coolest option you would tell everyone else to get?

Many thanks for reading, and for those that take the time to reply. Need to lock my spec down in the next couple of weeks.
Sponsored

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
VLC Roof - I originally had it in my build, then saw it on a GTS at a dealer and decided not to have it. One, the roof was defective as one panel could not be turned off, so good luck fixing this as the roof has to be replaced. Two, I thought it would block the sun much better, but it did not, it just clouds it a little, but you still have the sun going into your eyes. Looks cool in pictures but not executed well in reality.

PSCB - Lots of discussion around brakes with a totally different use case in the Taycan vs. non EV models. I have them on the 2020 Cayenne and experienced squeaking issues even after known warranty replacement of pretty much everything but the front rotors. The rear squeak went away but fronts still making it. I do not know if they revised them for the Taycan and if anyone has this annoying issue, but the biggest benefit is no brake dust especially. My MY23 Turbo build comes with them standard, and no one here reported any issues so hoping they will be silent.

I see you have an X on the PSCB and Bose choices in your build so you may be affected by the supply chain as these may be limited to certain models or regions.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
PSCB is purely an aesthetic choice on the Taycan.
The actual breaking power will be the same as the standard or carbon ceramic breaks.
The difference is they won't show any break dust / rust, so will stay shiny.
Most of the breaking in the Taycan is done through regen, and then the physical breaks only if necessary.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP7NEUY6

So like I’m sure everyone have spent too many hours selecting then de-selecting every option. To get to my final spec.

Somethings still considering - variable light control pano roof - but seems more a gimic
- Does the normal pano roof have a shade that closes (my current Macan Turbo had a blind you can close on the pano roof)?

- Would love to hear feedback from those That have the surface coated brakes? Do you notice any actual difference? For my 911 GTS I considered the full ceramics, but would really like to get feedback on the value of the surface coaged brakes. I picked them at the minute as the calliper colours better match the paintwork, but may drop they option

- Headups display - I loved this in my BMW M5 years ago, but it feels now that you have so many screen in the Taycan - having head up display is a little superflu less? Any feedback form those that have this option would be great?

- last but not least - anything else that I’m missing. E.g. you wish you added but didn’t or, the coolest option you would tell everyone else to get?

Many thanks for reading, and for those that take the time to reply. Need to lock my spec down in the next couple of weeks.
Standard Pano has no blind- it doesn't need it IMHO in UK. VLC only diffuses the light. In either roof you don't actually see anything as a driver - driving position is further forward. The sensible option for Porsche would have been to have a Pano roof with electric blind rather than the gimmicky VLC. Note that the standard pano roof is heat insulated (as is the VLC) and so not simply darkened glass as per the pano roofs in Macan, Panamera, Cayenne which all have blinds.

Brakes are arguably cosmetic due to the electric motors providing 90%+ of braking rather than the actual discs. Depending on wheel choice the standard brakes will be more than adequate but if you select Mission E rims then you have no choice but to upgrade the brakes, Spyders give you an alternative 21" rim but as they're more open than other wheel choices then PSCB will suit better (bigger and a lot more visible). Lack of rusting and brake dust (even with limited use of the rotors) is also an added attraction over other wheel choices.

I have them specced on my GTS - RS Spyders + PSCB + Gloss Black (white won't suit) Calipers.

Logo courtesy lights, Advanced AC (pointless - small cabin, more battery drain), Rear seat heating (front heated as standard), Glacier Blue (anything...why would you??), Carbon, HUD, ACC, Inno, PDCC I would skip personally.

Add racetex B-pillars (plastic otherwise).

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Heated front seats are not standard in France and other euro countries. I have spec'd them on mine.

OP
OP
G5day

G5day

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks all so far for your great insights and comments,

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I didn't go with the variable pano roof as I read and felt it was gimmicky. I also am not in a very hot locale, so it wasn't necessary.

The coated brakes, as most have said, not functionally necessary on the Taycan. The standard red calipers would match nicely and if you really wanted to, you could powder coat or paint them later to any shade you like anyway for less. Blue would look very nice!

I had heads up display in my Cayenne and found I didn't care for it that much. The novelty of it wore off.

What I would recommend:

- I got the massage function on the seats and it is great! You would have to switch to the 14-way seats for this but hey, it's a Taycan, not a 911... I'm sure you've got sport seats in the 911 so may as well enjoy the 14-way seats that most owners here find to be more comfortable.

- I love the choice of Ice Grey Metallic. Someone on the forum got this color and painted their Mission E wheels in Satin Platinum. I know it's not very "GTS" to go with Mission E's, but damn, the car with that paint and wheel color combo looks stunning!

- Door handles in high gloss black

- B-Pillars in Race Tex is a must. Don't leave them plastic. (the option is under Interior Race-Tex)

Edit: Here's the link to the post with the pics of the ice grey with platinum wheels. So sexy! #277

Last edited:

Därk

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-24Range Rover Sport, -23 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Very interesting read for me since me too I am locking down my GTS ST Volcano Grey in the next week or so. It is fitted with pretty much everything I need and want so not much hesitation left at this point. I went with full black leather, since I do not care much for Race-Tex, although my B-pillars and roof-panel will definately be Race-Tex and not plastic. RWS was a no-brainer for me, I think it adds so much agility and sharpness.

Having said this - there are still a few concerns outstanding and I would really appreciate your comments on those. I still consider a few options; one can stay on my build, three must unfortunately go I´m afraid.

1. PDCC Sport - I have read all the threads on this, but it is still unclear to me if this will add any real value or just change the GTS-calibration for nothing.

2. Thermal & Acoustic window glass. Same here - done a lot of reading but is it really worth it on an EV?

3. Lit-up GTS Logo in aluminum (or carbon) and leather in the doorsteps. Is it really cool or really uncool?

4. Adaptive radar cruise control. I´ve had this on all my previous cars, also have it on my current Range Rover Sport. I never use it and it adds no value to me personally - but is it unattractive for a second buyer if its not there?

I am so looking forward to any comments you all may have.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Very interesting read for me since me too I am locking down my GTS ST Volcano Grey in the next week or so. It is fitted with pretty much everything I need and want so not much hesitation left at this point. I went with full black leather, since I do not care much for Race-Tex, although my B-pillars and roof-panel will definately be Race-Tex and not plastic. RWS was a no-brainer for me, I think it adds so much agility and sharpness.

Having said this - there are still a few concerns outstanding and I would really appreciate your comments on those. I still consider a few options; one can stay on my build, three must unfortunately go I´m afraid.

1. PDCC Sport - I have read all the threads on this, but it is still unclear to me if this will add any real value or just change the GTS-calibration for nothing.

2. Thermal & Acoustic window glass. Same here - done a lot of reading but is it really worth it on an EV?

3. Lit-up GTS Logo in aluminum (or carbon) and leather in the doorsteps. Is it really cool or really uncool?

4. Adaptive radar cruise control. I´ve had this on all my previous cars, also have it on my current Range Rover Sport. I never use it and it adds no value to me personally - but is it unattractive for a second buyer if its not there?

The only one you might consider is the thermal and noise insulated glass but I'd be 50:50 on that.

The other items are absolutely non essential and on particular PDCC.

I'd worry too with loading a GTS with extras rather than taking the next model up for resale purposes.

Därk

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-24Range Rover Sport, -23 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Thank you for swift response! Yes, that are my thoughts as well!

OP
OP
G5day

G5day

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Hi there,

I have to say that the lit up logo is one of my favourite (for me, rather than resell options on my 911) and have specked it again on my Taycan. Def on the longer winter nights looks cool.

In terms of adaptive radar, I decided not to spec this on mine, its inc on my wife’s GLE and you can’t turn it off when using cruse control. It drives me up the wall you get within a football pitch of the car in front and it starts breaking. Yes you can change the sensitivity and yes thats with it set to minimum, god knows what it’s like when set the other way. When we drive to Spain and France I kid you not we every trip spend hours trying to find a hack to turn it off on the GLE.

Good luck, hope the car arrives soon, mine is due to be with us in the UK in early April, so I have to finalise my spec next week.

My last decision is sports design carbon kit which I think is a lovely finishing touch to the GTS or rear mounted bike fitting (we cycle a lot so this is a really handy option to us, bit if you have it then you can it have the SD kit :( )
Sponsored