maximumpanda

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I'm locking in my final build for a turbo s and was wondering if there is something more worth considering.

Code: PP5KL486

it's pretty loaded, but I'm not sure if there is anything I should add/ I'm a little worried the neodyn isn't the same in real life as on the website.

Also crossing my fingers none of these options end up torpedoing my delivery date.

What do you think?
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
IMO, neodyme is not so shiny (goldy) as looks on configurator.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Nice! (and so it should be at these prices 😁 )
Some similar comments from me as made in today's other Turbo S build review thread:
Race-Tex B-pillars to replace the standard plastic trim;
Grey tint top windscreen (not noticeable inside or out but I assume it helps when at certain angles to the sun);
Personally, I think it's a shame to replace the "Turbo S" embossing on headrests with the Porsche Crest (which could instead be added to the armrest);
Brake callipers- also personal choice- I don't think yellow is great with white bodywork;
Are you OK with the mismatch in style between the 18 way front seats and the 2+1 rears which are always in the style of the 14 ways even if you don't have them? It's probably least obvious with all-black leather.

Bughouse

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I would drop innodrive and active lane keep and do the 3 month free trial. I didn't find it as useful as I thought I would (I love self driving on the Tesla). I love the rear wheel steering.

OP
OP

maximumpanda

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I would drop innodrive and active lane keep and do the 3 month free trial. I didn't find it as useful as I thought I would (I love self driving on the Tesla). I love the rear wheel steering.
Mind elaborating on that?

I don't expect FSD (and my experience with a tesla X was very far away from perfect), but I kind of expect that it can handle itself on a highway without a ton of fiddling.

Bughouse

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Mind elaborating on that?

I don't expect FSD (and my experience with a tesla X was very far away from perfect), but I kind of expect that it can handle itself on a highway without a ton of fiddling.
I find it doesn't stay in the center of the lane as well as the Tesla. And when you get stop and go traffic, sometimes it goes and sometimes you have to push the gas pedal. Anything other than a highway and I just don't trust it. But n highways with no traffic, it may be useful (not my daily drive). It's just not as smooth as the Tesla's system. And since they have the free 3 month trial, I think it's better to try before you buy. I expected it to be much better than it is. After my 3 month trial, I am not going to buy it. But if I'm going on a long highway trip where I don't expect much traffic, I may subscribe during that month.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Neodyme is badass. It really livens up the cockpit, and It's not shiny gold in a Trump Tower escalator kind of way.

Edit - this is not intended to be a political commentary - but rather one of aesthetics. I find the Trump brand aesthetic to be garish and abhorrent, and I avoid gold-ish stuff for that very reason. Neodyme is very understated and tasteful and not bling-y or garish at all.
Sponsored

Last edited: