London Pothole/tyre blew/Porsche assistance

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Considering the number of Taycans in the W1/NW1 area thought i would mention......

Driving down Park Road NW1 heading northbound and met with a pothole. Popped my drivers side front tyre on impact.
Porsche assistance called and the AA turned up with a low loader within 90mins. took it to my friends garage and atyre fitted and all sorted but drama......

https://streetcare.tfl.gov.uk/report/2831450

Porsche Taycan London Pothole/tyre blew/Porsche assistance AEF6FC6F-0DD8-4F49-99DA-EAC8F53E7A3D.JPG

Porsche Taycan London Pothole/tyre blew/Porsche assistance be4605f9-316f-413b-a101-087f7e737229-5.JPG

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
That looks like a fresh pothole. They normally circle them in white spray paint when they have spotted them.

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
I have had this happen to me before in another car and the damage was so bad i needed a new wheel. I wrote to the local council and their insurer sent me a cheque for the replacement wheel and tyre.

Since then i don't order very low profile wheels. I went for 20" on my T4S.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
An expensive repair to be sure.

I'm sorry to see that London is as negligent as San Francisco regarding road maintenance. I've always felt that Europe and the UK maintain the condition of their roads much better than here in the US as our roads here in California are downright atrocious, bordering Mad Max like conditions.

OP
OP
Taycanturbolondon

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have had this happen to me before in another car and the damage was so bad i needed a new wheel. I wrote to the local council and their insurer sent me a cheque for the replacement wheel and tyre.

Since then i don't order very low profile wheels. I went for 20" on my T4S.
Adding to the drama, Unfortunately Porsche assistance/AA managed to scrape the Ppf on my front bumper with the tie down straps. However they have swiftly agreed to pay for the damage.

OP
OP
Taycanturbolondon

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Was just the tyre, I paid £235. I’m hoping to claim the money from Transport for London as they run that section of road
Sponsored