London to Bordeaux Road Trip August 2023 - Mid point stop over suggestion?

JP_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
We are planning a road trip to Bordeaux in August from London. Can anyone recommend a good stop over hotel for 1 night that will break our journey? Proximity to a charger or destination charging what would be an added plus.

I know i can filter on hotels.com for EV charging locations, but interested to hear forum members recommendations and also any helpful tips by those who have done this journey or similar in France etc.

many thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
You will pass us. I live between Poitiers and Bordeaux. We drive to the UK but never take an overnight stop so can't help there. What I can say is there are plenty of Ionity stations on the motorways. I don't have my Taycan yet and maybe never going by the heater scandal but good luck and enjoy.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
We are planning a road trip to Bordeaux in August from London. Can anyone recommend a good stop over hotel for 1 night that will break our journey? Proximity to a charger or destination charging what would be an added plus.

I know i can filter on hotels.com for EV charging locations, but interested to hear forum members recommendations and also any helpful tips by those who have done this journey or similar in France etc.

many thanks
Not sure what type of hotels you are looking for and in what price bracket. There are so many good hotels.

If you want something that is really nice I would recommend two websites to look at.

https://www.lescollectionneurs.com/hotels-de-charme

https://www.relaischateaux.com/us/destinations/europe/france/

These hotels have some great restaurants as well so you need to choose.

We have stayed at many of the hotels in those chains and never been let down.
Sponsored