Long term Taycan owners: Are you still enjoying the car every day? Does it still feel special?

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Seems overly positive from all the responses. So it doesn’t have anyone looking for something else to scratch the itch
I have a 4S CT on order but im waiting for a 992 allocation as well. Nothing against the Taycan, but i do want a fun weekend car as well to supplement my garage.
Sponsored

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, DB9, 599, Denali, X1, Tiguan
Country flag
2020 4S. 47,000 miles. ABSOLUTELY LOVE this car. It is by far the best daily driver I've ever owned, however I'm going to move it along in about a month. Reason being is that the charging network is just not sophisticated enough for the type of driving that I have to do. Most of the time it works just fine, however there are places that I need to travel to and from on a regular basis where there are no good options. This would require an overnight stay or hours on a slow charger to get me back home....neither of which are doable.
Will be a sad day when it's gone but such is life. To the OP....DO IT! The Taycan is an amazing vehicle!

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
I have had my 2020 4s since December 2020, and also love it. My biggest long term complaint with it is how far back the seat is relative to the b pillar. This makes getting out a bit harder for me (I'm 6'2 and somewhat large - if anyone knows a good solution I'm all ears) but was a price I was willing to pay.

Reactions: B61

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
'21 RWD. 5125 miles (8.2k km) after 1 year and 1 month of ownership. Daily driver.

No issues so far. Drives like a dream, just wished there were more windy, scenic roads to drive around in my area. Has been 95% city driving so far, with few road trips. My only complaint is not car related, and it's just we don't have a lot of time to take it to more beautiful places.

Wished we optioned the larger battery, but then again, we drove it off the lot. At the time it was a +6 month's wait.

Plan on owning it 5+ years.

No further itches to scratch for a long while.

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Seems overly positive from all the responses. So it doesn’t have anyone looking for something else to scratch the itch
I have had mine only 4 months and like everything apart from the size and weight.
I take a while deciding what to get and generally then keep a car a long time, today there is no other car I would consider buying, if I hadn't bought the Taycan I would continue with what I have - which is no longer imported here.

I like to have a sports car for fun, but want one without driver aids which take a lot of the skill and satisfaction out of driving (they take a lot of the fear out of high power too, I suppose). I want 3 pedals a manual 6-speed 'box and no traction or stability control.
This rules out most modern cars, so nothing new scratches that itch!

Reactions: B61

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
YES absolutely love my Taycan 4S CT and nearly 2 years of ownership. It's a remarkable car on all levels and ticks all the boxes for me at the moment - if I'm honest and could afford both would also love a 911 Targa 4 GTS as still a petrol head at heart.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
My car was one of the first Turbo’s in France and arrived in February 2020 to the dealer. A lockdown meant I could not get the car until May 2020.

After last years big sw uPdate it has worked nearly 100% perfect. Some small niggles with the Charging planner and navigator still raises its ugly head, but they are niggles and I plan my routes differently anyhow. There were a lot of initial problems and I nearly gave up using it and wanted rid of it. Glad I didn’t now. It is such a great car for long road trips. Not great to use locally for me as the parking places here are designed for small Peugeot 107’s. The Taycan is a large car and you feel it. It also is heavy to really enjoy the small mountain passes around us, but long distance driving with the ever expanding network of Ultra Fast Chargers, is a dream. Range is not a problem the places I drive to. Quite good to have a biological break and a coffee every 2 hours for us.

40,000 km and still on same 21 inch Eagle F1 tyres. Hoping that Michelin will release 21 inch NFO tyres soon.

Just to show the total available chargers on a route from the Eurotunnel in Calais to the west coast of Sweden, that we will be doing in two weeks time. All the Pins represent chargers in excess of 150 kW and minimum of 2 chargers. They are not all covered by the Porsche Charging service though, like Tesla SuC (in red). This development has been fantastic over the last 3 years! And so has the reliability and uptime of most networks been. Next challenge will now be available chargers with the rapid expansion of EV’s.

I will absolutely keep my ICE sport cars, for a nice Sunday blast, but would not consider buying a new one!

Porsche Taycan Long term Taycan owners: Are you still enjoying the car every day? Does it still feel special? D2411022-F581-4C85-8758-713891234C62

Last edited:

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Just over a year and 10K miles in a 22 RWD. I came from a golf GTI. Still LOVE my car on the daily. After a couple months I thought maybe I should have gone 4S but this is my daily driver and I'm actually now GLAD that I have the trim with the longest range. My biggest regret is no HUD.
I have HUD on Range Rover and the Discovery but my biggest gripe is that if you wear sunglasses it's almost impossible to see hence why did not order on Taycan as presumed would be the same but in hindsight that may not be the case

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I have HUD on Range Rover and the Discovery but my biggest gripe is that if you wear sunglasses it's almost impossible to see hence why did not order on Taycan as presumed would be the same but in hindsight that may not be the case
This only happens with polarized lenses. I have a pair of sunglasses that I only use for driving that do not have polarized lenses so that I can see the HUD.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Very happy with my 4s, driven 4.500km, upgraded wheels to GTS RS Spyder black, love the full Carbon sports, carbon lighted footwells and interior. Hud is essential. As well a privacy glass. On the Taycan he HUD works fine with my polarized /oakley’s
Every day a big smile and jaw drops / rubbernecking galore :)

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
On the Taycan he HUD works fine with my polarized /oakley’s
Interesting, with my polarized Ray-Bans the HUD almost completely disappears.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Angle might matter? My lenses are black, not brown or green.
Sponsored