SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well I am not sure that MSP is virtually tied. I think it may be close in a straight line drag race, but that would be with temperature prep and maybe on one or two runs before thermals kick in. Also I am pretty sure on a track it would not keep up. The reason I prefer the I-Pace and Taycan is because they maintain their performance. They are not designed beyond the thermal and long term performance limits. Also in my opinion there is no comparison between the driving characteristics of the Teslas (except the Roadster but that is a out of balance Lotus anyway) and the Porsche or even the Jaguar. These are more drivers cars with a complete approach to performance. And both are more fun to drive.

Thats a great car to drive. But what a world of difference! Have you had any electric cars before?
No electric cars before. Can’t wait!
Sponsored

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
No electric cars before. Can’t wait!
Not to hype this too much but prepare to have your mind blown...My Audi R8 feels very slow now...

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Not to hype this too much but prepare to have your mind blown...My Audi R8 feels very slow now...
Lol, Mustangs were quicker than either of my R8's, but that's not why I bought them (or the Taycan). I *really* miss the gated shifter from my R8.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Lol, Mustangs were quicker than either of my R8's, but that's not why I bought them (or the Taycan). I *really* miss the gated shifter from my R8.
My R8 is just as fast after 0 to 60, if not slightly faster than the Taycan but it feels slow because the reaction is never instantaneous. Part of it is the 0 to 60 time, but honestly 2.6 vs 3.1 is not perceivable without instrumentation. Its just the lack of instant response.

So yes, even the 4S will feel much much faster. My I-Pace feels faster too but the Porsche is different kind of "fast."

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
You just put into words my exact experience last week test driving a turbo S and a 4S. I honestly went in thinking it would be an inferior experience with the 4S, but I was still laughing aloud and thinking it was wonderful. The launch control on the 4S still left my scalp tingling! I’m coming from an Audi RS3 with similar acceleration times to the 4S, but the electric experience is just so fundamentally different that it made me conclude it‘s an immense upgrade and not just a lateral move. For me the Taycan will be a daily driver and the 4S will be much more than enough!
interesting comparison to an rs3; I have one too and was wondering how my 4s will compare when it arrives, will I want to leave thei RS at home all the time?
Sponsored