im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
I thought it would be nice to see how long some people have been waiting for their Taycan to be delivered from the date of deposit to point of delivery (or if not taken delivery yet...how long it's been so far!)

I'll edit this top post to name and congratulate the most patient (frustrated/unlucky) member!

To start it off here are my dates:

Deposit - April 2021
Delivery - Due September 2022
Model - Taycan 4S ST

Total wait - 17 months!! - Disclaimer ST model not announced until Jan 2022 so real wait 9 months.

-----------------------------

LeaderBoard:

@smohr33 - April 2021 - Present (No delivery date) 15 months
@f1eng - July 2021 - Present (No delivery date) 12 months
Sponsored

Last edited:

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
Deposit in the day the GTS ST was announced (November 2021), still waiting on an allocation, expecting Won’t see it till like middle of next year probably.

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
I have a deposit on a car that I didn't order, I came across it a couple months ago when the original buyer backed out.

I have no idea when the original buyer placed their orginial deposit or order, but the car started production 7/4/2021 and it still hasn't been delivered, it's a 2021.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I thought it would be nice to see how long some people have been waiting for their Taycan to be delivered from the date of deposit to point of delivery (or if not taken delivery yet...how long it's been so far!)

I'll edit this top post to name and congratulate the most patient (frustrated/unlucky) member!

To start it off here are my dates:

Deposit - April 2021
Delivery - Due September 2022
Model - Taycan 4S ST

Total wait - 17 months!!
I imagine quite a lot of that wait was the months before the 4S ST was announced though, no? The GTS was the first of the Sports Turismo and that not long ago too wasn’t it?

My CT 4S deposit 19th July ‘21, car in build now but delayed and no delivery date still.

OP
OP
im85288a

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
I imagine quite a lot of that wait was the months before the 4S ST was announced though, no? The GTS was the first of the Sports Turismo and that not long ago too wasn’t it?
Yes that's true, ST did not get announced in all body shapes until January 2022...so if I look at it that way it's only been 7 months! But porsche have had my deposit for 15 months.

I think out of fairness on when the deposit for an actual confirmed model was made yours is close to being the longest...but @smohr33 seems to be the winner on a MY21 car not yet delivered!

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
I think out of fairness on when the deposit for an actual confirmed model was made yours is close to being the longest...but @smohr33 seems to be the winner on a MY21 car not yet delivered!
TYD shows 8/5 delivery for me BTW, but the car has multiple pending recalls and a stop sale which is one excuse why it's still at the port. 8/5 could be a random placehoder, but I'm hopeful to see the car soon. The TYD timeline for the car is really fascinating, literally every process had a major delay.

Nuttyatco

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag

My CT 4S deposit 19th July ‘21, car in build now but delayed and no delivery date still.
Have faith, Frank. I was 3 weeks behind you with a deposit (8/8/21) and I have just heard from my dealer that he thinks my CT4S has been built, has a 12V battery and is in transit. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Rusk

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
I placed my deposit for a 4S CT October '21 and have just been given a build of September '22 which is slightly sooner than their estimated November '22. I assume this is due to the GTS and the ST body coming along and people moving their orders over.

I'll have to wait and see if September build really happens 🤞

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
4S CT
Deposit paid 9th June 2022
Commision Nr./allocation 2nd July 2022
Estimated delivery to Reading 25th November 2022 but who knows

EVGuy101

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Ordered GTS ST Feb 28th this year, no firm date but been told to expect November 30th 2023 (quite specific I admit….) - that would be 21 months, if that even happens.
This is thru Cambridge

magnusch

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S, Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Refundable deposit: July ‘21
Received allocation: Nov ‘21
Vehicle delivery: May ‘22

for Taycan4S

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
If you count the waiting from the deposit, I was on the same boat.
- Deposit on May 2019 on a CT4S even though it was not announced yet
- Order finalised on March 2021
- Planned delivery date July 2021 and was part of the batch that was half produced
- Delivered in January 2022

20 months waiting and still don't have the electric steering wheel but with the announcement, it seems that we'll get at least the same PCM.
Sponsored