SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
My service advisor knew very little about the car. He said it arrived unexpectedly amongst a shipment of new deliveries. Sadly it is not for sale lol.

PXL_20230526_233517441.jpg
It looks sad, my dog pulls that face when he's done something wrong.

Maybe that's what the facelift lights will look like.

Deleted member 6348

Snapped a picture of one grabbing lunch the other day. There are several local to me that are actually driven regularly. They're great investments, because owning one gets you first in line on every limited Porsche model -- Sport Classic, GT3RS, Dakar, etc.

Porsche Taycan Look at what showed up at out local Porsche Centre - Richmond, Canada IMG_1293

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Excuse the ignorance, but what car is that ?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
GT3 RS?
My service advisor knew very little about the car. He said it arrived unexpectedly amongst a shipment of new deliveries. Sadly it is not for sale lol.

PXL_20230526_233517441.jpg
Just make it EV :please:

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
GT3 RS?

Just make it EV :please:
Excuse the ignorance, but what car is that ?
It's a Porsche 918 Spyder. Launched in 2013 and produced in limited numbers (918), it's a PHEV with a 4.6 litre V8 ICE, and a 6.8 kWh battery, with a combined output of 875 hp and 1,280 Nm of torque. It came out around the same time as the La Ferrari and McLaren P1, so was part of a triumvirate that were benchmarked against each other. I believe the Spyder was well-liked by journalists and fared well against the other two.

I saw one on the road near where I live, once.

They sold for a high retail price, and you'd have to spend well over one million Dollars/Euro/Pounds now to buy one second hand.

• Wow
Reactions: B61

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
They're great investments, because owning one gets you first in line on every limited Porsche model -- Sport Classic, GT3RS, Dakar, etc.
Only if you bought it new as part of the VIP program when Porsche was struggling to sell them.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Incorrect. Even used 918 buyers get the privilege.
No, they don’t. While you might get treated well by Porsche dealers if you own a 918, the VIP program benefits do not pass to follow on owners of the car. They only accrue to the original owner and they scaled based on how long they held the car.

That’s one of the reasons the number of VIP members declined over time.

Porsche Taycan Look at what showed up at out local Porsche Centre - Richmond, Canada IMG_6210
Sponsored