Lost all driving aids today

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Today I lost all driving aids (lane keeping, acc, Innodrive etc) and it shows on the dash: "driving aids switched off"...
So I checked if they were unchecked in the different menus but they weren't.
I locked the car for 8 hours but still no driving aids.
So I unchecked all the driving aids in the menu and I'll try to switch them on tomorrow....
Otherwise I have a problem, or rather, my dealer has a problem.
Maybe it's the heat wave we're having here but c'mon, this is ridiculous on a €200K+ car!
Fingers crossed...
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Today I lost all driving aids (lane keeping, acc, Innodrive etc) and it shows on the dash: "driving aids switched off"...
So I checked if they were unchecked in the different menus but they weren't.
I locked the car for 8 hours but still no driving aids.
So I unchecked all the driving aids in the menu and I'll try to switch them on tomorrow....
Otherwise I have a problem, or rather, my dealer has a problem.
Maybe it's the heat wave we're having here but c'mon, this is ridiculous on a €200K+ car!
Fingers crossed...
Did you click them "on" on the stalk on the left hand side of the steering wheel? Using the button at the tip of the stalk.

I don't know if you clicked them off, it it remembers that the next time you start the car.

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Did you click them "on" on the stalk on the left hand side of the steering wheel? Using the button at the tip of the stalk.

I don't know if you clicked them off, it it remembers that the next time you start the car.
You are amazing!
Indeed, they were switched off by that button!
Hahaha!
Silly me...
I turned them on, all is just fine.
Thank you! :)

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You are amazing!
Indeed, they were switched off by that button!
Hahaha!
Silly me...
I turned them on, all is just fine.
Thank you! :)
Ok, ok, I will admit the same thing happened to me yesterday!! I didn’t read the manual and was playing with the stalk and trying to figure it out, then all of a sudden nothing worked...I dreaded the idea of it going to the shop and having to have parts sent in from Germany...then I eventually got lucky.

Glad it worked out for you!

• Haha
Reactions: Dee
OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
But do you know about that little button on the underside of that same stack?

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Are you sure you are safe to drive this car without this forum? ;)
I like living on the edge but I prefer to set the bar myself and not the car...
But yeah, without forums it takes a lot more time and frustration to find answers, lol!

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
As they say - RTFM:). Problem is that even the manual is a little cryptic on occasion. Much like the submenus of submenus. Still love the car though, even more than when I got it.

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
As they say - RTFM:). Problem is that even the manual is a little cryptic on occasion. Much like the submenus of submenus. Still love the car though, even more than when I got it.
No, that wasn't the problem.
I've read it completely.
I knew it had a knob but didn't realize it had been touched during cornering.
And with a new car you kinda expect some bugs so my premature conclusion was it was a bug, just like the airco sometimes goes to ECO in Normal mode every time you switch off the car.
I once had the thermal image camera not working.
So... :)

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
No, that wasn't the problem.
I've read it completely.
I knew it had a knob but didn't realize it had been touched during cornering.
And with a new car you kinda expect some bugs so my premature conclusion was it was a bug, just like the airco sometimes goes to ECO in Normal mode every time you switch off the car.
I once had the thermal image camera not working.
So... :)
I meant me.... I read the manual briefly, found it too complex - still did not know about the button underside

Reactions: Dee

Scott Allen

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 2017 Range Rover HSE, 1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
Country flag
I just had the software update completed and had lost all driving aids also. Thought it was a bug, but no, the button turned them back on.
Thanks!

dredman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2020 Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, previously 2019 BMW M5, 2016 BMW 5.0 X6, BMW N54 335i, BMW N54 Z4 35i, Nissan 350Z, Jeep Wrangler 4.0, Mazda Miata.
Country flag
I just had the software update completed and had lost all driving aids also. Thought it was a bug, but no, the button turned them back on.
Thanks!
Yep. Same here.. UI and everything says that are on - but absent - press the button and tada..
I feel pretty stupid.

As a bonus, the magic 'make things go away' pixies 'fixed' the passenger display too.. glad I have a video of it, so now the only remaining thing would be the A/C condensation thing into the passenger footwell - I'll just watch out and see if it happens again.

yay.

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
Yep. Same here.. UI and everything says that are on - but absent - press the button and tada..
I feel pretty stupid.

As a bonus, the magic 'make things go away' pixies 'fixed' the passenger display too.. glad I have a video of it, so now the only remaining thing would be the A/C condensation thing into the passenger footwell - I'll just watch out and see if it happens again.

yay.
There is a service campaign now for wet footwell, I thought that was rear footwell
Sponsored