MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was slowly driving in a residential neighborhood, looking for a parking slot on the street, when suddenly I hear this VERY LOUD screeching loud. The sound was changing in pitch and intensity with speed. Turning wheels did not do nothing…..

Thinking it was from nearby construction where I supposed they were sawing some concrete, but the sound was not disappearing as I was getting further. People on the sidewalk were looking at me with question marks on their eyes when I realized the sound was coming from me….

I parked, engaged the security parking. Drove again, enabling disabling regen, accelerating (as much as a small hood street allows), but nothing avails….

Until I happened to back off To let a truck pass by.

Then gone, gone, gone. Everything worked perfectly then after. I look at the brake caliper and all looks ok , or the PCSB disk and it still looks as a mirror.

Did I catch something between the pad and the disk and luckily got freed as I backed?
Sponsored

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
Possibly a stone between disc and the shield behind disc.? Maybe from the construction site? Happened to me before now, and no harm done.

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
It does sound like something got caught between the caliper/disc or as mikeyyn said, behind the shield (I would guess a rock). When you say "back off to let a truck by" do you mean reversing a bit to make space? If so, yes, this is probably what freed up whatever was caught.

OP
OP
MyA

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
When you say "back off to let a truck by" do you mean reversing a bit to make space? If so, yes, this is probably what freed up whatever was caught.
This is what I meant: reversing is a better word (English as a second language here….)
thanx