Rkvet27

First Name
Ratul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hello forum friends. I recently put on 22 inch rims on my Taycan 4s. When parked I noticed that there is a bigger gap between the tire and the fender than I would like.

Wondering if anybody had any input on being able to keep the vehicle in sports plus mode (lowest chassis height setting) when parked and turned off so it looks more uniform.

I really don’t want to lower the vehicle if I can avoid it which more than likely will alter the ride. Thx!
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Set your ride height to lowest and it should stay that way even when parked. Mine does.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Thx! I’ll give it a try.
For ref a number of forum users have lowered their rides with FVD, Vivid and other make 'Lowering Links' (which are easily installed and easily removable) and have reported essentially no diff. in ride quality.
I ordered the FVD links but won't get the car 'til EOY or early '22 so cannot personally report on that. I did however see a local Taycan in person lowered and looks superb - SO much better and I'm not talking 'slammed' but more akin to a proper sporting stance. Once installed you of course still have access to the various heights and lift just with each setting slightly lower based on the value used installing the links.

Last edited:

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Stays nice and low :)

Porsche Taycan Lowered chassis when parked 12B94F56-9116-48F5-B43D-47983AF95B76

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Stays nice and low :)

12B94F56-9116-48F5-B43D-47983AF95B76.jpeg
Good point - I was referencing my CT4S vs the sedan - the lowered position on the Sedan of course noticeably lower than equivalent position on the CT. That said the chap I visited with in Houston had Vivid links on his Taycan Turbo S and it looked super sharp.

OP
OP

Rkvet27

First Name
Ratul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
For ref a number of forum users have lowered their rides with FVD, Vivid and other make 'Lowering Links' (which are easily installed and easily removable) and have reported essentially no diff. in ride quality.
I ordered the FVD links but won't get the car 'til EOY or early '22 so cannot personally report on that. I did however see a local Taycan in person lowered and looks superb - SO much better and I'm not talking 'slammed' but more akin to a proper sporting stance. Once installed you of course still have access to the various heights and lift just with each setting slightly lower based on the value used installing the links.
I had no idea about this option. Much appreciated. I will definitely research it, especially if it doesn’t compromise ride quality much.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had no idea about this option. Much appreciated. I will definitely research it, especially if it doesn’t compromise ride quality much.
Just search lowering links on the Form and you'll see the threads - Vivid a basic option - I went with teh higher quality and more adjustable FVD units:
https://www.fvd.net/us-en/1159J1AAR...sion-lowering-links-up-to-2-inches-lower.html

And I have also confirmed with a lot of back and forth that these specific units are 100% compatible with the CT (for others reading).

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
I have the CETE module which includes a "show mode" that allows you to lower the car with your mobile device (iPhone) for me once it is parked.

I have found for me, that even when you are in the "low" setting, if you back into your parking place, the car raises to "normal" once in reverse.

Since I always back into my space, I will just drop the car with my module when I want.

The module also lets me set the ride heights in each mode to water height I want and those can be adjusted with the factory controls in the car (steering wheel knob, or settings in the infotainment).

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the CETE module which includes a "show mode" that allows you to lower the car with your mobile device (iPhone) for me once it is parked.

I have found for me, that even when you are in the "low" setting, if you back into your parking place, the car raises to "normal" once in reverse.

Since I always back into my space, I will just drop the car with my module when I want.

The module also lets me set the ride heights in each mode to water height I want and those can be adjusted with the factory controls in the car (steering wheel knob, or settings in the infotainment).
Interesting module - was not aware of this and thx for sharing - way more expensive option at base price of $1500.00 (for the Taycan) and presumably another $200-500 for install?

So if I am reading this correctly the CETE module can override the setting for each std. drive mode in the car (how is this different to simply setting up an Individual Mode setting?).

More specifically will this module allow you to lower the car beyond the factory low setting (say another 0.5 to 1.0 inches)? The links I mention above that cost from $200-300 basically "fool" the sensors on the suspension into thinking the car is higher than it actually is and hence lowers the car anywhere from 0.1 to 2 inches lower (if desired) than the factory setting. How does the CETE unit fool these sensors or does it simply override them somehow (clearly I am not an expert :)! )?

UPDATE:
I was on the TAGmtorsports site - found this description for a Macan install on another site (Flat 6) that maybe answers my question re ability to lower it lower than factory setting (text in bold below). Fairly simple install so a def DIY option:

QUOTE:
With the free smartphone app further functions are available:

Porsche Taycan Lowered chassis when parked App-functions_ActiveSuspension

• Total control - You are still able to control your air suspension via the Audi MMI.
  • Porsche Drive Select - You are able to set up each original Carprofilewith individual values. This means that you can set up following profiles with its own lowered or raised values:
    • Normal Level
    • Sport Level
    • Sport+ Level
    • Terrain Level (Offroad Mode)
    • Original Low level Switch
    • The original Low level switch can still be used to lower the car by further 10-15mm.
  • Switch Off Speed - With the help of our app you are able to set a speed limit. Exceeding this speed will put your vehicle to the original height.
  • Show Mode - You are on a tuning meeting and want the car have a particularly depth? Just check out the Show Mode and your vehicle goes downwards as desired.
  • Exact adjustment - Did you notice that you air suspension is slightly misaligned? Often you can’t realize this until it’s lowered a lot. If this is the case your car wasn’t calibrate perfectly. In order to fix this we developed a function within the app. It can be evened up.
An option for people who like it the extreme way: You can choose to use an extension kit for venting the air suspension completely while it’s in Show Mode.

Resources

Last edited:

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good point - I was referencing my CT4S vs the sedan - the lowered position on the Sedan of course noticeably lower than equivalent position on the CT. That said the chap I visited with in Houston had Vivid links on his Taycan Turbo S and it looked super sharp.
the CT does not get as low as the sedan? I had no clue

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
Interesting module - was not aware of this and thx for sharing - way more expensive option at base price of $1500.00 (for the Taycan) and presumably another $200-500 for install?
It is definitely more expensive than lowering links which can easily be made for under $20.

I have used and installed lowering links in the past and they work perfectly fine. It is not really very practical to drive the Taycan much lower than the factory "low" setting, as even on that we will bottom out on the lower tray with highway driving (basically the brake air ducts).

As you have pointed out with the mobile app connectivity, you have the ability to override each of the three factory settings (low, lowered and regular) with your own setting by adding the offset to them in millimeters (can be less or even more). It does not affect the "individual" as that will pick from one the the three factory settings.

Like I mentioned, you get to change any one of the three factory settings (the app identifies them as setting 1, 2 or 3, it does not use the term normal , lowered or low. Each of those settings can be adjusted from 0 to smelling like 40mm, however it only recommends up to 25mm (1 inch).

I'm pretty sure the module just intercepts the signal from the ride height sensors and reports a different value to the cars suspension control system. The are essentially two modules (front an rear) the rear is the primary module and the front is secondary. The two modules communicate to each other via bluetooth and communicate to the phone via Bluetooth too. There are two wires (can low and can high) that you connect to the car in the trunk of the car with simple wire taps. Everything is plug and play and can be removed with zero trace. When connected to the car, if you "turn off" the unit, it is not detected by the factory scan tool as reported by my dealer.

It is just a vanity thing and we only use it for the "show mode" mostly.

I did my own install of the module, it was not that difficult, there are at least 50 screws that hold the front and rear lower sound leading trays in place. Install will take the better part of a half day.

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is definitely more expensive than lowering links which can easily be made for under $20.

I have used and installed lowering links in the past and they work perfectly fine. It is not really very practical to drive the Taycan much lower than the factory "low" setting, as even on that we will bottom out on the lower tray with highway driving (basically the brake air ducts).

Good info - thx. However you are forgetting again that I am referring to a CT - by default ALL of the factory settings are essentially an inch higher than the sedan - the thing basically from factory is on stilts (and no, I have no patience to wait fo the Sport Turismo :)).

Hate this elevated look and hence my queries re lowering below CT factory setting which will bring it back to DEFAULT Sedan settings - so none of the issues you are referring to re being too low apply for the CT.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
The only thing I would not assume is the CT and the sedan are using the same air struts. I cannot confirm that they do or do not right now, but I bet that Porsche has different parts for each.

That does not mean that you cannot lower the CT more than one inch or so as recommended by CETE.

I'll try to run down the air suspension part numbers for a CT and sedan and see if they are indeed the same.

I know on my sedan, I was playing around and raised it as high as it would go and there was something like 6 inches of wheel gap.
Sponsored