Lowering Links Cross Turismo

D16RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Anyone tried lowering links on their CT? I am curious if the oem links from the Taycan sedan are shorter than the oem CT. If so, could possibly reuse someone’s oem taycan takeoffs and get the sedan lower oem height. Thoughts?
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Anyone tried lowering links on their CT? I am curious if the oem links from the Taycan sedan are shorter than the oem CT. If so, could possibly reuse someone’s oem taycan takeoffs and get the sedan lower oem height. Thoughts?
There are numerous threads that discuss this with examples on the Forum - try Searching. For ref., here is one such:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/lowered-chassis-when-parked.6943/

I had FVD who make a higher quality lowering links, confirm to me that their links work on both the Sedan and the CT.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I have a set in the garage awaiting the arrival of my CT - will report back as early as next weekend if nobody beats me to the punch.

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
I have a set in the garage awaiting the arrival of my CT - will report back as early as next weekend if nobody beats me to the punch.
Are there any warranty issues associated with changing the links?

The sales guy I was talking to said it would void the warranty of anything Porsche deems related to the links and that they would be able to identify straight away (through their diagnostic equipment) that the links are non genuine. He said the diagnostic equipment would tell them the car was riding lower etc.

Not sure if he is talking out of his behind?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Bry5on - a couple of Forum members have already installed both the Vivid Racing and the FVD links - I have seen the Vivid lowered car in person here in Houston and the FVD example is here somewhere (do a search and you'll find it).

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Installed the FVD links yesterday. In the low mode, I think it looks great!

65791527050__AD548BEC-5910-4E72-A164-45047F6FCC11.fullsizerender.jpeg
Looks good - thx for sharing - can you share some more detail on the install (assuming you did it yourself - any issues?) and did you adjust the links in any way or just use in the factory set ride height position they arrived in? Is the image of the car in the true lowest position or the next one up? Curious how stable they are in respect the adjustment locking in place - any concerns when you installed them about loosening over time?

OP
OP

D16RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Sure...lift the car in the highest mode and turn the wheels all the way to the right or left. You should have enough room to get to the factory links. The links are a bit challenging to get off, but if you twist and pull on them, you can feel them give and let go smoothly. You need to take the factory links and measure them with some calipers using millimeters. I started with 5mm in the front, but felt like i wanted a bit more rake. So I ended up with the front links longer by 7mm and then the rears are shortened by 5mm. No idea why the fronts need to be longer and the rears shortened to lower the vehicle but thats what the instructions say. I used a jack for the rear end, and after trying to twist my hands and wrists between all the control arms, finally decided to remove each wheel while working and that made it much easier to remove the oem link and secure the new link. Not a hard job, just take your time and watch your details (be sure to tight the jam nuts) once you have the links in place.

As for the photo, the car is in its lowest position. I guess if you are concerned with the jam nuts loosening over time, you could put a dab of blue loctite on there. I plan to check mine after a few hundred miles to se if anything loosens up.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Thanks! Might do mine tomorrow. How much lower did this make the car overall? F/R if different?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sure...lift the car in the highest mode and turn the wheels all the way to the right or left. You should have enough room to get to the factory links. The links are a bit challenging to get off, but if you twist and pull on them, you can feel them give and let go smoothly. You need to take the factory links and measure them with some calipers using millimeters. I started with 5mm in the front, but felt like i wanted a bit more rake. So I ended up with the front links longer by 7mm and then the rears are shortened by 5mm. No idea why the fronts need to be longer and the rears shortened to lower the vehicle but thats what the instructions say. I used a jack for the rear end, and after trying to twist my hands and wrists between all the control arms, finally decided to remove each wheel while working and that made it much easier to remove the oem link and secure the new link. Not a hard job, just take your time and watch your details (be sure to tight the jam nuts) once you have the links in place.

As for the photo, the car is in its lowest position. I guess if you are concerned with the jam nuts loosening over time, you could put a dab of blue loctite on there. I plan to check mine after a few hundred miles to se if anything loosens up.
Perfect - most appreciated - thx!

dynamo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan 4 cross tourismo
Country flag
i'm wanting some raising links, raise my ct higher for off roading.

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
Does this impact on warranty? My dealer suggested it would impact on the warranty and even if you did change them back the service department would know that the links had been installed via the diagnostic equipment and ride height information saved in the diagnostics.

silversurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes, Porsche, Volkswagen, Lamborghini, etc
Country flag
Does this impact on warranty? My dealer suggested it would impact on the warranty and even if you did change them back the service department would know that the links had been installed via the diagnostic equipment and ride height information saved in the diagnostics.
FYI, I just brought my car in for service to diagnose and fix the interior wind buffeting noise and they told me that I had to remove the lowering links and wheel spacers to rule out the impact they were having on the car. They also blamed the many collision sensor activations I've been seeing on the fact that I've lowered the car. Hard to believe.

OP
OP

D16RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Not sure how the computer would log a different height as the links fool the sensors into thinking that the vehicle is at the correct height. If the sensors thought the car was at an incorrect height, then you would think the car would log an error stating that.
Sponsored