OP
OP

D16RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
FYI, I just brought my car in for service to diagnose and fix the interior wind buffeting noise and they told me that I had to remove the lowering links and wheel spacers to rule out the impact they were having on the car. They also blamed the many collision sensor activations I've been seeing on the fact that I've lowered the car. Hard to believe.
i could see where they would want you to bring it back to stock so that they can diagnose with Porsche. I would think first thing Porsche is going to ask them when collaborating is if anything is not oem.
Sponsored

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I measured the CT links yesterday and based on my math, you can just swap CT links for OEM sedan links to get sedan ride height on the CT.

Sedan links: 88F / 95R (mm)
CT links: 82F / 102R (mm)

I’ve requested part numbers for sedan struts and suspension in the general forum to see if it’s possible to use all sedan parts to keep the car from crashing into the bump stops when lowered. https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/part-number-question-cross-turismo-sport-turismo.7420/

OP
OP

D16RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Looks great, are you taking your car in for a re-alignment?
Normally when i lower my vehicles with springs or different suspension, I always get a wheel alignment. For this vehicle, being that it is an air suspension, I have not determined if the tires have changed their alignment at this point. For example, now that I have lowered the vehicle with the links, I drive the vehicle in "regular" height, which seems to have the same height as stock links in the "lowered" position. So I may leave it as is and see what happens. I will say this, the vehicle shipped with the Goodyears and to be honest, I am looking for a reason to switch them out to Michelin as soon as possible. So if the Goodyears wear out a bit faster, I will know relatively soon. From a safety or handling standpoint, as the vehicle sits, it still feels solid and safe while driving.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Normally when i lower my vehicles with springs or different suspension, I always get a wheel alignment. For this vehicle, being that it is an air suspension, I have not determined if the tires have changed their alignment at this point. For example, now that I have lowered the vehicle with the links, I drive the vehicle in "regular" height, which seems to have the same height as stock links in the "lowered" position. So I may leave it as is and see what happens. I will say this, the vehicle shipped with the Goodyears and to be honest, I am looking for a reason to switch them out to Michelin as soon as possible. So if the Goodyears wear out a bit faster, I will know relatively soon. From a safety or handling standpoint, as the vehicle sits, it still feels solid and safe while driving.
Have you experienced the bump stop hits that @Bry5on has mentioned in his other thread - I am not doubting this whatsoever but curious if it is in part a function of the amount of lowering you each have set into your 3rd party links?

OP
OP

D16RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Have you experienced the bump stop hits that @Bry5on has mentioned in his other thread - I am not doubting this whatsoever but curious if it is in part a function of the amount of lowering you each have set into your 3rd party links?
I drive mostly freeway in my lowered CT with some pretty good road transition/elevation changes here in Florida. With the FVD links in my CT, I usually drive in "Normal" mode and then the car automatically moves to "lowered" position at highway speed. I have not experienced any bump stop crashes as of yet in the lowered position. Also, no experience with bump stop crashing If I go to the lowest position, but I have spent less than 5% of my driving at that height.

OP
OP

D16RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I measured the CT links yesterday and based on my math, you can just swap CT links for OEM sedan links to get sedan ride height on the CT.

Sedan links: 88F / 95R (mm)
CT links: 82F / 102R (mm)

I’ve requested part numbers for sedan struts and suspension in the general forum to see if it’s possible to use all sedan parts to keep the car from crashing into the bump stops when lowered. https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/part-number-question-cross-turismo-sport-turismo.7420/
This is what my original post was asking, could we just get some sedan links installed and reap the benefits of lowering the vehicle with oem parts.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is what my original post was asking, could we just get some sedan links installed and reap the benefits of lowering the vehicle with oem parts.
I can confirm that should be correct

ct-andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT (eta Feb)
Country flag
Nice! So I don’t have to buy expensive $200 after market links.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They come with the height sensors, so they’re about $170 each! Looks like the links are not separable in the catalog :(

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
They come with the height sensors, so they’re about $170 each! Looks like the links are not separable in the catalog :(
Yeah this OEM route would I suspect end up being very expensive if you had to include essentially a replacement suspension system - esp if you then had a 3rd party install the kit and follow up with alignment etc. - will be curious to see full cost if we can get the info.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
D16RR - any other photos of your CT from other angles? Your car looks awesome

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
Awesome, I couldn't be happier with the result. FYI, I have the Vivid lowering links installed and the pictures in this thread are in the lowest setting. I set up the links the same length as the sedan links (88mm front/95mm rear) but it seems I have to adjust the front links a bit more as the wheel gap seems a bit higher than the rear.
I'm looking forward to the sedan height, and I have bought the parts to build my own links at sedan length, but I do value dealer support when things seem to go wrong (and on the Taycan, thats a bit more of a liability than for other P-cars). I have validated that the air springs used in the CT are the same part number as those used in the sedan. What is different is the dampers, and dampers are frequently what limit droop and bump travel. They're about $1k a corner and that's a little much.

I am considering the full sedan link/sensor buy from Porsche. For ~$680 you can have factory looking links that I doubt they would differentiate and four spare sensors. I'll likely start with the rods/jam nuts in sedan lengths to see if I like the height before I spend the $680.

enginerdify

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Anyone tried lowering links on their CT? I am curious if the oem links from the Taycan sedan are shorter than the oem CT. If so, could possibly reuse someone’s oem taycan takeoffs and get the sedan lower oem height. Thoughts?
@D16RR
My experiments in custom-made lowering links are posted here.
Sponsored