Lucid Air launch today.

Jason0055

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi s3 Range Rover sport Porsche Taycan.
Country flag
Who is excited to see the launch of the lucid air and how it compares to the taycan and Tesla model s.

If what they claim to date is true it’s going to be a mean machine.
Sponsored

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Don't think we will see this in the UK for some time? Don't seem to be as ambitious as Elon...

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
Who is excited to see the launch of the lucid air and how it compares to the taycan and Tesla model s.

If what they claim to date is true it’s going to be a mean machine.
I'm exited.

It seems more of a luxury car than sports car, but it looks gorgeous. Why would anyone buy an S-Class or other German luxury sedan after this. I hope they offer some details on their SUV. The spy shots looked amazing.

I will admit I'm more excited for Rivian to finally launch. My wife really wants their SUV.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
How long was it before the model S was sold in the UK? Did it sell there at launch?
From memory I think it was about 6 months after the US launch. We are still waiting for the Model Y which is being sold in the UK. Currently been told they will be available in the UK in Q1 2021

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Apparently they also are partnering with EA, so hopefully that will accelerate the buildout

Although I guess any ev can use EA as long as they have a credit card ;)

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Just looked it up. It was 2 years.

And 1.5 years to get the Y? Looks like Elon isn’t as ambitious as people think Elon was. ;)
2 Years? No way....didn't feel that long...source?

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just looked it up. It was 2 years.

And 1.5 years to get the Y? Looks like Elon isn’t as ambitious as people think Elon was. ;)
I would be very surprised to see a MY on a UK road before next summer at the very earliest

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Do you guys actually believe in Lucid? Will they produce many cars, in good quality, deliver them, support them, ...

Or is it a pipedream?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Do you guys actually believe in Lucid? Will they produce many cars, in good quality, deliver them, support them, ...

Or is it a pipedream?
I guess pipedream. Even VW tried with huge investment and many years to be successful with a luxury S-Class like car and finally admitted... I am interested in such a car, but after my MS90D disaster, I wait for the EQS...

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Competition is good. Will force everyone else to not be complacent. Lucid seems to have a promising product. Execution is always a huge challenge for car manufacturers as we have seen with both established companies and start-ups. Big Saudi money behind the business, so that should give it financial comfort to get product up and running. I'm definitely looking forward to having another EV player in the market.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I find it very hard to believe they'll be successful but I really hope I'm wrong.

I have so far found the Air to be too similar to the competition to stand out. I doubt it's range numbers stack up to real world use, literally every company exaggerates their EVs range, and it's stuck on the same charging network we're using.

With pricing looking to be around the Taycan, I don't see it. But I'd love to see them knock it out of the park.

OP
OP

Jason0055

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi s3 Range Rover sport Porsche Taycan.
Country flag
I believe they will be successful.
I think the luxury will depend on how you spec the vehicle.
I believe the start price is going to be around the $50,000 mark so for an electric car very reasonable if this is the case.
They won’t be able to compete price wise with Porsche as your not just paying for a brand with Porsche your paying for there history there reputation. I personally can’t wait to see what lucid will bring, so far am very interested and what I have seen to date looks very promising.

lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
I view it that it will probably (if at all) be released to the uk in about 2-3 years time, which will be near the end of my PCP deal. I spoke to Lucid last week and this would be a conservative time span. I may put the refundable deposit down, then see how it looks then. Would be nice to be o e if the first if it does happen. Kinda liking that about the Taycan right now. But then there will be many more options I think - not saying I will change, as love the Taycan. But have you seen the Bollinger EV coming out in the USA? Now that would look smart in the UK!!!

Porsche Taycan Lucid Air launch today. 88D4F22F-B569-4309-92D6-D3370ADE4E74
Sponsored