Lucid Air - Motor Trend Review

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
The side profile is fine imo. The wheels in the pics above are not my style but those can be changed.

That front though.. The front looks like what someone in the 80s would imagine future cars to look like. It doesn't translate well for me..like, at all.
Sponsored

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
I love it and have had a reservation since the reveal. Exterior is a bit of a bore, but nice enough in person. Interior is nothing short of gorgeous, both in design and materials. Not luxurious? Hardly. I've spent quite a bit of time in two different beta vehicles and they were 95% there. The motor/battery tech is unequalled.

Plenty of unknowns though, especially for early adopters; new car, new company, new tech. High potential for a bad experience for those of us with OCD. Would I forgo the Taycan for one if the Touring model were available in the next 6 months? 50:50.

OP
OP
manitou202

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
I agree with all of the comments on the exterior. However, I need to see one in person for the final judgement.

On the interior I'm surprised by the general dislike. I honestly think the interior is very similar to the Taycan. Maybe even a bit more attractive. My guess is the user interface will be substantially better.

It is a big unknown if they will survive, but they have been the exclusive supplier for Formula-E batteries for a while, they are heavily funded by the Saudi's (which aren't short on money), and they seem to have some game changing powertrain technology. At a minimum I would expect someone (VW, Mercedes, etc) would buy them if they can't survive on their own.
Sponsored