OP
OP

amamoy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Macan GTS, Range Rover, Ariel Atom
Country flag
Congrats! Do you happen to have the build sheet for this car? Could you look up what the privacy glass option order code was for it? I haven't ordered yet (awaiting allocation) but I was told it's not available in the US for some reason, so perhaps having the option code would help. Thanks in advance!
just looked at build sheet and it is NOT there. Could have sworn it is. Looked at so many configs and cars and would have sworn it was. Sorry for confusion as it is a key option in combo w Burmester imho. Sorry

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
just looked at build sheet and it is NOT there. Could have sworn it is. Looked at so many configs and cars and would have sworn it was. Sorry for confusion as it is a key option in combo w Burmester imho. Sorry
Thanks for checking. I wonder why they don't offer it in the US. Is it due to material shortages or some US DOT regulations.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Thanks for checking. I wonder why they don't offer it in the US. Is it due to material shortages or some US DOT regulations.
I believe the Thermally and Noise insulated glass is the option in the US replacing Privacy glass option in Europe - but could be wrong ...? Have the Thermal/noise glass option in my build.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I believe the Thermally and Noise insulated glass is the option in the US replacing Privacy glass option in Europe - but could be wrong ...? Have the Thermal/noise glass option in my build.
Why not offer "thermally and noise insulated privacy glass"?

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
All permutations are available here in UK:

Windscreen with grey top-tint £ 80.00
Privacy glass £ 354.00
Insulated laminated glass £ 947.00
Insulated laminated privacy glass £ 1,301.00 (this includes the grey top tint windscreen)

No idea why privacy glass is not optioned in USA.

BROUbrou09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S, Audi e-tron
Country flag

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Congrats on your luck and find. Yes not many avail to purchase in US. Similar luck with finding mine this past July. Was in dealer for a whole different reason and one question led to a few more answers and an open allocation for a batch of cars that they had just received a day or so prior. Enjoy it in good health!

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
PS. Love the color...test drive was in a Taycan 4S in a similar color. Didn't order mine in that one tho..too rich for me! :)
Sponsored