Main HV Battery replacement

Terra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many
Country flag
My 2020 4s first threw a red electrical fault early December 3rd or 4th 2021 and sat at the shop until Dec 31st. Picked it up and they said it was software released and should be all good.. then Feb 3rd 2022 it returned.. it was towed to the shop and sat there for 4 weeks until they could even look at it.. beginning of March they diagnosed that it would need to replace the main battery.. it is now April 7th and supposedly battery is arriving next week.. however they are short on some smaller components that may be needed to retrofit a 2021/22 battery into a 2020 and not sure when they will see those.. said they’d call me in a couple weeks with an update.. so now.. I am wondering what I should do.. should I be asking for compensation? New car?.. any thoughts or similar experience by others?
Sponsored

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag
My 2020 4s first threw a red electrical fault early December 3rd or 4th 2021 and sat at the shop until Dec 31st. Picked it up and they said it was software released and should be all good.. then Feb 3rd 2022 it returned.. it was towed to the shop and sat there for 4 weeks until they could even look at it.. beginning of March they diagnosed that it would need to replace the main battery.. it is now April 7th and supposedly battery is arriving next week.. however they are short on some smaller components that may be needed to retrofit a 2021/22 battery into a 2020 and not sure when they will see those.. said they’d call me in a couple weeks with an update.. so now.. I am wondering what I should do.. should I be asking for compensation? New car?.. any thoughts or similar experience by others?
Wow, what a negative story. You have certainly been patient. I would think that they would owe you something for your time and inconvenience. You didn't mention, are they giving you a loaner car?

Sounds like some of the issues are out of their hands. I wish you good luck on your situation.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
So, the car is sitting there since February 3, with no committed date of availability, after having been out of commission for most of December? You should at least get a significant compensation plus a loaner Taycan until yours is ready, IMHO.

OP
OP
Terra

Terra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many
Country flag
Wow, what a negative story. You have certainly been patient. I would think that they would owe you something for your time and inconvenience. You didn't mention, are they giving you a loaner car?

Sounds like some of the issues are out of their hands. I wish you good luck on your situation.
I do have a deposit on a EV Macan so I’ll see if they can work something with that when it comes..

OP
OP
Terra

Terra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many
Country flag
So, the car is sitting there since February 3, with no committed date of availability, after having been out of commission for most of December? You should at least get a significant compensation plus a loaner Taycan until yours is ready, IMHO.
Ya Shitty thing is there are seriouslY ZERO cars available to purchase let alone loan out. they will give me a car at no charge from a rental agency as in a VW Jetta 🤣 but i do have another vehicle.. 😕

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
Yeah, this is not great. Sorry to hear you're having such frustrating experience. In general, I'm not sure if they'd offer any compensation unless you're financing/leasing. If that's the case, you should find out who is the president/vp of customer relations in Canada and contact them directly(email). Any comp would come via Porsche HQ, not your local dealer i think. At the very least, they might put some pressure on the dealer to fix your car faster and possibly provide with comparable vehicle (panamera/taycan) in the mean time.

Another option maybe a lemon-law type thing where they would buy the car back from you, and you may recoup some back-costs. Not sure if BC has that or not - probably should check with a lawyer.

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had this issue and the total time my car was at Porsche service was 63 days. Finally received my car back yesterday thankfully. I am waiting on hearing back from Porsche on next steps but agree with caslca recommendation of contact Porsche Customer Relations. I had zero success when I tried this by email but at least got a response when i contacted them by phone.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Curious too as to how Porsche Corporate handled this matter.