OHWHATDA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
Updated with video about Taycan maintenance:

Porsche Calgary explaining how little maintenance is required. Basically there is no real maintenance. Thanks to @Vidicdi for posting.

Original Post

For anyone that's already received their Taycan, does anyone know if the Taycan Maintenance Schedule is in the User Manual that comes with the car? Sadly it's not in the "Good to Know" Porsche app, and the full Taycan User Manual isn't available online yet. I'm very curious how often Porsche will recommend battery coolant replacement, or how often you'd have to take the car in for service. Would it still be annually or because it's an EV it would be more like every 2-3 years? I hear for Tesla's they used to recommend annual service but they'd literally just be replacing windshield wipers and adding washer fluid, so it was just kind of a waste and something you could do yourself.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
A dealer told me the first service is after 2 years. [strike] Rotate tires [/strike], not much more.

edit. as LFCDan points out, the tires are different sizes, so editing my dumb post ;)

Last edited:

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
A dealer told me the first service is after 2 years. Rotate tires, not much more.
I’m sure the front and rear wheels are different sizes

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
A dealer told me the first service is after 2 years. Rotate tires, not much more.
Given the weight of this car and the way most (including myself) will want to drive it, I would be very surprised if the tires did not need replacement by the end of the two year period.

Mik76

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 320, Bmw 120
Country flag
Thats strange. My dealer offers a maintenance plan for 5years or 150k km for 2500 euro’s. Do I need this?

Vidicdi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper
Country flag
That’s interesting. I don’t know personally, as I will place deposit in summer. I am still collecting all the information as it’s a lot of money...

EnjoyTheDrive

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 993, MB C63 AMG 507, S2000, Nissan GTR, Tesla M3P Track option, Volvo XC40, BMW E30 325IX, Subaru Forester XT, (Had owned Tesla 85, Tesla P90D)
Country flag
Thats strange. My dealer offers a maintenance plan for 5years or 150k km for 2500 euro’s. Do I need this?
NO, if it is like every other EV, there is NO maintenance to be done. If you want to bring your car in after a year to have it “checked” for your own satisfaction, fine, but otherwise, there really is no need.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
That seems very strange. Why not ask the dealer to specify exactly what that service package will cover?

To me this seems a super expensive cover for checking tyres, filling window cleaner and changing wiper blades.

This is a problem with traditional manufacturers. Why would you really want to go to an expensive service shop to buy your car?

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
My last Porsche I purchased I warned them before the gorgeous 6'1 blonde bombshell came in that I was not going to pre pay for this enormous service package. She came in anyway and told me she had to pitch it or she was not going to be working there, the first number was something like $8,700 pre paid for "everything". I just laughed, I did agree to tire and wheel coverage because Michigan roads are pathetic and that was worth it.

Mik76

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 320, Bmw 120
Country flag
Ok. I was thinking it is normal. They put it standard in the offer they said.
I will ask the dealer in Rotterdam/Netherlands.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
My last Porsche I purchased I warned them before the gorgeous 6'1 blonde bombshell came in that I was not going to pre pay for this enormous service package. She came in anyway and told me she had to pitch it or she was not going to be working there, the first number was something like $8,700 pre paid for "everything". I just laughed, I did agree to tire and wheel coverage because Michigan roads are pathetic and that was worth it.
Did you take her out for dinner? Lol

Mik76

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 320, Bmw 120
Country flag
Ok. I was thinking it is normal. They put it standard in the offer they said.
I will ask the dealer in Rotterdam/Netherlands.
This is their answer. It sounds really expensive.

- no tires, brakes, whipe cleaners

- legal Car check (after 3 years)

- Interior filters

- All liquids

- Free delivery service for maintenance
Sponsored