OP
Austin_yeahbaby

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
His source is probably Alotta or Felicity. This upgrade increases the mojo of the Taycan and makes it a shagedelic ride. yeah baby yeah.
I had this direct from Porsche Germany and confirmed in the UK 😉
Sponsored

Last edited:

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
would be great if we could get a version number listed here so we can educate the dealerships if needed as to why we are coming in with our vehicle.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Could this upcoming software update have anything to do with U.S. NHTSA ANA6 recall? Curious what people are thinking here as I was expecting hardware replacements for ANA6; realizing we do not know what we do not know at this point.
I don't think ANA6 is described like the OP indicates. I'd love to know where that description was copied from - more detail than anything I can find. NTSB has ANA6 described as:

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag
I don't think ANA6 is described like the OP indicates. I'd love to know where that description was copied from - more detail than anything I can find. NTSB has ANA6 described as:
Thanks, I was unsure about any connection with ANA6 recall, though the software update in question would appear to directly affect some of the PCM issues, though not all of them.

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I hope this isn't too good to be true. I have a 2020 4s and really want Android Auto.
Major +1, this would be a huge upgrade for pre-2022 folks looking for Android Auto support.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Major +1, this would be a huge upgrade for pre-2022 folks looking for Android Auto support.
Excuse my ignorance....
I am Android user so would be keen to know what Android Auto actually does.?

Not something I have ever used (or even looked at) previously.

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Excuse my ignorance....
I am Android user so would be keen to know what Android Auto actually does.?

Not something I have ever used (or even looked at) previously.

If I had to summarize it, I would say it essentially provides your phone's interface as part of the car's in-car entertainment system. Your phone serves as the brains of the interface, so it makes everything a lot more seamless. Search for a restaurant on your phone in Google Maps beforehand, pop in your car, and then the first Google Maps auto-filled result will be the restaurant you just searched for. Listening to music on Spotify in your house off your phone, pop in your car, then you can continue playing where you just left off.

In my opinion, tech companies like Apple/Google have put a lot more thought into making usable user interfaces than automotive companies, and using Android Auto or Carplay allows the tech companies to make that experience better directly without having to leverage anything other than the screen from the auto manufacturer.

Think of it as a bluetooth connection to your phone on steroids - you get not just the audio / phone call capabilities, but also the network connectivity and individual applications from your mobile device through the car's touchscreen.

Others feel free to chime in if you have other opinions on Android Auto.

https://www.kbb.com/car-advice/android-auto-how-works/ probably explains it more eloquently than I can.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Another in a long line of updates that'll get done when my car goes in for its first service at the two year point. I think I've got a dozen updates in the car already that I've never done, as well as the recall stuff I've got notified of by the dealer. Car's working great; don't want to mess with a good thing.

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
Apologies, I’ve been offline for over a month as depressing to be on the forum when my car was being repaired.

anyway, not sure if this is new news but major software announcement on July 13th and it will apply to 2020 vehicles onwards
Wooow, I'm so thrilled to hear about this. I've been hoping for this for a long time now. Ever since the MY22 started production given I got one of the last MY21. I'm glad we're getting all the software updates from MY22 coming to our cars, including the drive train ones and battery management.

Very exciting!

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I'm really having a hard time believing this...
There are different hardware versions of different control modules, some are updated, others are new.
If you say: "directly from Germany and confirmed in the UK" doesn't mean anything with all due respect.
Seeing is believing, dealers say all kinds of crap, sometimes they don't even know there ARE updates coming...
But then again, hope is all we have.
Let's see what happens.
Anyway, thx for sharing. 😉

PS Glad you have your car back, been there, done that!
Enjoy!!!

PPS I really don't like colored icons it's like a Fisher-Price tablet...

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm really having a hard time believing this...
There are different hardware versions of different control modules, some are updated, others are new.
You do know that it’s possible to write software code that will run on different types of hardware, right?

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
I certainly hope it addresses ANA6 and is available on July 13th as well. That would be very good news for me and the possession of my car.
Sponsored