NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I was going to ask the same question. So this update will address the ANA6 PCM recall? Asking as several of us are waiting for this update in order to take delivery of our new cars.

erhand25

First Name
Erhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I dont get why they can’t do this updates over the air.
Last time they gave me a schedule month out for stupid update. It sucks

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
I dont get why they can’t do this updates over the air.
Last time they gave me a schedule month out for stupid update. It sucks
The last major PCM update took 7 hours and failed (at the end) typically once of twice before it went well. There's a Turbo S sedan at the local dealership that had the PCM bricked by the process and has been waiting for months for new parts.

It makes sense (to me) for such major releases that also satisfy a recall to be in person.

erhand25

First Name
Erhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
The last major PCM update took 7 hours and failed (at the end) typically once of twice before it went well. There's a Turbo S sedan at the local dealership that had the PCM bricked by the process and has been waiting for months for new parts.

It makes sense (to me) for such major releases that also satisfy a recall to be in person.

Maybe i am frustrated because i am comparing to tesla. I also got model x, i get updates regularly, some over 2gb. It does get it done with no bothersome.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Maybe i am frustrated because i am comparing to tesla. I also got model x, i get updates regularly, some over 2gb. It does get it done with no bothersome.
the difference is that tesla built a car around their very good tech and porsche built a great car but plugged in crappy third party tech.
Yes I miss the OTA updates on the teslas and I despise the amount of time I'm forced to waste bring the car in for recalls and updates but the payoff is the car itself. overall the taycan is a far superior car.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Maybe one day, remember Tesla has 10 years on Porsche. Ford only recently started doing OTA and like Porsche not all updates can be done OTA. The cars have to be brought into the dealership to have the updates installed. Or you get a license for FDRS (Ford Diagnostic & Repair System) and install the updates yourself. Wish Porsche would offer something like this. If the DIY repair movement gets more traction that maybe an option one day.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
you cannot compare both worlds.
Tesla had the advantage of a greenfield project starting from scratch with nearly no complexity in product range and no legacy. They built a gaming PC with some electric motors and 5000 battery cells which is eating up a lot of energy when the car does, what it's doing most of the time: standing still in the garage.

If I had the choice: no OTA or vampire drain, I would live with the dealer visits and only hope that Porsche does it's homework better with IT and connect stuff.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You are right.
It was there before (april 2020), when in Range mode only the front wheels were driven, decoupling the rear end.
After the update it doesn't work like this anymore.
It's just AWD all the time, only the amount of power is distributed differently as far as I can see.
I've seen FWD only in Range mode but now it's gone.
My car is a MY20.
Hmm - that's odd but for sure things have changed. I saw this scenario at one point and then after a while the motors returned to the original pattern and never AWD in Range Mode.

Basic premise remains - Range mode = front motor only

Recent software updates have tweaked this and both motors are 'active'. The rear is effectively in 'hot standby' and is shown as such in the AWD display whereas before it was asleep.

Rear motor will engage automatically when going downhill (again confirmed in the AWD display) which I can only assume is to harvest some energy via overrun recuperation and then disengage on the incline or level.

Originally the AWD display would show no power going to the rear motor but since the various software patches this has been tweaked and the rear is active but not providing much in the way of drive.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hmm - that's odd but for sure things have changed. I saw this scenario at one point and then after a while the motors returned to the original pattern and never AWD in Range Mode.

Basic premise remains - Range mode = front motor only

Recent software updates have tweaked this and both motors are 'active'. The rear is effectively in 'hot standby' and is shown as such in the AWD display whereas before it was asleep.

Rear motor will engage automatically when going downhill (again confirmed in the AWD display) which I can only assume is to harvest some energy via overrun recuperation and then disengage on the incline or level.

Originally the AWD display would show no power going to the rear motor but since the various software patches this has been tweaked and the rear is active but not providing much in the way of drive.
I have the same experience as @Dee has described. I do not see the front motor very active any longer. Much as you describe with rear motor engaging going down hill, but also used when driving the car. MY20 and has changed via the updates compared to behaviour when new.

I have tried to use Range mode on a number of occasions, but not really seen any benefits from it. It gives me 2 to 3% more range, but very irritating with that throttling at 140 km/h. That only brings me about 10 to 13 km extra range. French motorway speeds are 130 km/h so one is close to the limit all the time. The kickdown can be used but it is not smooth when extra speed is needed.

I compare to Normal with AC in Eco mode.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have the same experience as @Dee has described. I do not see the front motor very active any longer. Much as you describe with rear motor engaging going down hill, but also used when driving the car. MY20 and has changed via the updates compared to behaviour when new.

I have tried to use Range mode on a number of occasions, but not really seen any benefits from it. It gives me 2 to 3% more range, but very irritating with that throttling at 140 km/h. That only brings me about 10 to 13 km extra range. French motorway speeds are 130 km/h so one is close to the limit all the time. The kickdown can be used but it is not smooth when extra speed is needed.

I compare to Normal with AC in Eco mode.
Perhaps there is a difference across MY's (mine is MY21) - but seems unlikely.

I regularly do a 126 mile trip point to point (cruise set to 70 mph, various inclines / declines) and almost always in Range mode (additional mileage is not all that) so notice the AWD behaviour a lot.

At one point I thought that with cruise active the AWD behaviour changed but I must have imagined that as I've not seen it again.

A mystery indeed.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Yes, ANA6.
Good morning,

I sent an email late Friday to get on the schedule for the PCM update and perhaps the ANA6 recall and to schedule a loaner…but I have a question regarding ANA6. On MyPorsche.Com, it states under Corrective Measures (below) that there is no remedy available…is that information out of date? I took this screen shot this morning.

Porsche Taycan Major software update announcement coming July 13th… F3C47F16-67C8-41CA-8B31-5699D50B80D4

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Good morning,

I sent an email late Friday to get on the schedule for the PCM update and perhaps the ANA6 recall and to schedule a loaner…but I have a question regarding ANA6. On MyPorsche.Com, it states under Corrective Measures (below) that there is no remedy available…is that information out of date? I took this screen shot this morning.

F3C47F16-67C8-41CA-8B31-5699D50B80D4.png
I’m banking on it being available after the 7/13 announcement the OP mentioned.

If it’s not available after that I’ll cancel or move my appointment.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Just did a test. Really short 2 Km drive max 50 km in range mode.

at steady speed only the rear wheels are powered (blue). Minor acceleration adds the front wheels.

slowing down starts on the rear wheels and with more braking also the front wheel recuperate.

it was really short drive. Braking harder resulted in no regenartion at all. Probably only the real brakes because I just started the car?

Porsche Taycan Major software update announcement coming July 13th… 2F7975EB-4E44-4B3D-859E-16E3BD1FB62C

Porsche Taycan Major software update announcement coming July 13th… 644DDBEE-532D-4C9F-A4DE-01A8235648A5

Porsche Taycan Major software update announcement coming July 13th… 640B679F-9672-4E15-904E-7572B6E59F15

Porsche Taycan Major software update announcement coming July 13th… 56CEAEE1-8159-4BC0-B151-6B9B36CEA7FF

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
it was really short drive. Braking harder resulted in no regenartion at all. Probably only the real brakes because I just started the car?
correct you need to drive the car a bit, seems to depend on how much braking you do before regen starts being used.
Sponsored