CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
New cars started being delivered with 6.0 several months ago, so this recall doesn't effect cars made since at least late March.
Contradicts what my Porsche rep is telling me... or maybe it's due to the June 7 NHTSA recall (posted above)?

apologies for commandeering this thread at the moment...:devil:

Last edited:

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Contradicts what my Porsche rep is telling me... or maybe it's due to the June 7 NHTSA recall (posted above)?

apologies for commandeering this thread at the moment...:devil:
My car was produced end on March and delivered in April in Belgium with the latest colored icon PCM.

I don’t know if your car was produced before and stuck somewhere waiting for parts or shipping to the US took really long.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
New cars started being delivered with 6.0 several months ago, so this recall doesn't effect cars made since at least late March.
I believe all Taycan's since 2020 launch had PCM 6.0. This is an up date to that - so 6.x

Version tracking is a black art in the Porsche world.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Taking my 2022 turbo S in aug 5 for this update (first loaner available)

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
In order to deliver my car, my dealer has committed that I'll be the first update they do (the car is still at the dealer... they arent allowed to deliver it without ANA6). I'll let folks know when I hear anything.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
My appt scheduled. Dealer ready to do ANA6…
Champion over here in Pompano Beach put up the stop sign to me yesterday….they referenced this language from my.porsche.com relating to my VIN….when is your appointment and did they say how long it would take?

Corrective measures
THE REMEDY FOR THIS RECALL IS NOT YET AVAILABLE. The PCM must be re-programmed with corrected software. Due to the related functional enhancement of the central computer, the driver's manual must also be replaced with an updated version.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
There is so much confusion and misinformation swirling around about this prospective 6.X PCM update and its relation to the ANA6 recall. Here's a summary of the topic as I understand it:
  • Whether or not there was a substantial 6.X PCM software update planned to be made available to all model years in the near future, it seems like the NHTSA / ANA6 screen blanking issue has either forced Porsche to move that release forward, or the release was already planned for the July/August timeframe and it was decided to target the NHTSA / ANA6 recall for inclusion in that release.
  • Porsche likely had no control over the timing of the publishing of the NHTSA report. If you read the report in detail, it explicitly describes how the ANA6 fix is (was, at the time of writing) being prepared but not ready: dealers notified in July, owners notified in early August.
  • New buyers are affected by a stop sale due to this open recall, yet the PCM 6.X release that will address the recall has not yet shipped, so those unfortunate individuals are experiencing delayed delivery.
  • Porsche perhaps were obligated to publish recall VIN lists. Unfortunately the Porsche VIN recall checker has a 'call to action' button inviting the affected owner to schedule service for any and all recalls, even though in this particular case dealers aren't ready to implement the recall service campaign.
  • In the absence of explicit service campaign notes, dealers and service associates have been speculating about an OTA vs. service department implemented. The NHTSA report implies that it will need to be service department implemented update, but perhaps it will be a mix - e.g. MY22 models already on 6.0 can receive the 6.x update OTA while older models need a service visit. It remains to be seen whether any of this will roll out OTA.
Yes, the communication has been incomplete and confusing, complicated by the forced transparency and expediency of the NHTSA report. I hope that everybody can calm t.f. down and be patient as this plays out. The communication will catch up with the plan.

@Techwizard100 good luck, sounds like you might be one of the first to receive the update. Please report back!

Last edited:

Techwizard100

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Champion over here in Pompano Beach put up the stop sign to me yesterday….they referenced this language from my.porsche.com relating to my VIN….when is your appointment and did they say how long it would take?

Corrective measures
THE REMEDY FOR THIS RECALL IS NOT YET AVAILABLE. The PCM must be re-programmed with corrected software. Due to the related functional enhancement of the central computer, the driver's manual must also be replaced with an updated version.
July 27 appt. Should be only a day or so.

Last edited:

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
New buyers are affected by a stop sale due to this open recall, yet the PCM 6.X release that will address the recall has not yet shipped, so those unfortunate individuals are experiencing delayed delivery.
Thank you for the explanation @satchurator , the devil you know > the devil you don't

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
My new 2022 Cross Turismo 4S is also sitting at the dealership pending the update. Will call my SA tomorrow to see if the software was released.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
so , today is the day! July 13th, which is not a random day :) *
Curious to see some announcements!

* everyone should remember that Germany won soccer world championship 8 years ago in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, by winning the last game against Argentina famous Estádio do Maracanã on that day 🥰

Last edited: