AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF, Audi A7 Comp Edition, CLS53 AMG
Country flag
Apologies, I’ve been offline for over a month as depressing to be on the forum when my car was being repaired.

anyway, not sure if this is new news but major software announcement on July 13th and it will apply to 2020 vehicles onwards

what’s coming…..

Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
For Porsche Communication Management, the software update includes new functions as well as various functional improvements. They include the following updates:
- Colourful tile design on the home screen

- Optimisation of the search for charging stations in the Finder: Charging station can be filtered and selected according to charging capacity

- Wireless utilisation of Android Auto® app

- Simplification of voice control

- Tethering: Sharing the WLAN connection integrated in the vehicle with other WLAN-capable devices, only in conjunction with a chargeable data package.

- Due to technical reasons, the AM radio function is no longer offered (country-dependent offer)

Thermal management
Better conditioning of the battery, especially at low outside temperatures, means that your Taycan can be fast-charged quicker than before and the range is noticeably optimised.

Drive*
You are the owner of an all-wheel drive Taycan: The drive force distribution on the front and rear axle as well as the disconnection of the drive of the front axle have been improved. In combination, this leads to an increase in efficiency and further optimisation of reach. The drive distribution display is moved from the instrument cluster to the central display for improved viewing.

Enablement of functions after vehicle purchase (Function on Demand)
Activation of your vehicle's keyless opening function (KESSY) as well as opening the rear lid with a foot movement can now be purchased at a later date.
* The innovations depend on the vehicle equipment and the model year
Has this been announced Yet, no sign of it in Ireland yet
Sponsored

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
I called and checked with my local Porsche Centre, but they currently did not have a date for when ANA6 would be available.

Jase700

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I called and checked with my local Porsche Centre, but they currently did not have a date for when ANA6 would be available.
In the shop now in Maryland. Showed up as open. Trying to see if they’ll do it today. They don’t have any loaners so don’t want them to brick my car.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
The recalled component is a central computer with SW versions 33XX, 35XX and 36XX. The remedy component will be a corrected software version for the central computer (PCM).
that quote from the recall paper makes me rest assure that the upcoming July13 PCM Update will be for all MY.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
that quote from the recall paper makes me rest assure that the upcoming July13 PCM Update will be for all MY.
In fact we don't have any proof that the ANA6 recall (which looks very specific) is the PCM upgrade (to "colored icons") that we are waiting for ...

Jase700

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
In the shop now in Maryland. Showed up as open. Trying to see if they’ll do it today. They don’t have any loaners so don’t want them to brick my car.
Update to my previous thread. Service said that Porsche has pulled back this update because it was having problems. They mentioned the documentation is not correct or something like that so they did not perform it. It does exist though. I saw it on the SA screen.

This is for MY 2021 Taycan Cross Turismo

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Because I can’t take delivery of my car until that is dealt with 🙄
How’s the dealer’s offer on the 911…We had a 2019 Macan, drove it for a few years, and it cost us about $1500 from the time we bought to the day of trade. You all may have made some money on the 911. They did drop another $10,000 on top of what they gave us for the 981 and the Macan…they CPO’d them and they sold in a week or so…crazy market.

Taycanpwr

First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
How’s the dealer’s offer on the 911…We had a 2019 Macan, drove it for a few years, and it cost us about $1500 from the time we bought to the day of trade. You all may have made some money on the 911. They did drop another $10,000 on top of what they gave us for the 981 and the Macan…they CPO’d them and they sold in a week or so…crazy market.
Did well on the 911. I’m still driving it tho till I get the new car. Going out of town for 10 days so hoping I get the car when I get back. I don’t want to keep driving the 911 just in case.🤞

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
mean while my son just received his 5th or 6th software update for his 2022 Tesla Model Y since Dec. 2021 - no dealer visit required…and it continues to add some useful features.

it's just sad watching the legacy automakers wrap their heads around this sort of thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Austin_yeahbaby

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Just a quick update as the release has obviously not been officially announced still…

I’m not sure if the delays are due to testing issues or other reasons.

My car is booked in mid August for other work but the Porsche Centre is hopeful that the software will be available by then

I’d rather have a release that is stable and adds Android auto etc to my vehicle then multiple patches / dealer visits.

I’ll try and get more information for the forum

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My dealer is also Porsche Stevens Creek. My advisor there (Ron) is telling me that he is unaware of any new software update for the Taycan (note: I have a MY20, so it may only be about that year). As an aside, he also tells me that for the recall of the seat wiring, there "are no instructions" on how to fix it, so we have a recall item, wherein we have been notified, but no known remedy.

This would be funny if.....oh hell, it's never funny.
Fix for rewire ANA5 is documented - retaping the cable on both front seats. Had mine done last week - half day job
Sponsored