BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
So on my way home from work yesterday my wife texted me and asked if I could buy a couple Costco pizzas for a school event. Now normally I would NEVER EVER take my car to Costco but thanks to this forum and my previous post about being overly cautious with my Taycan I did it. I wasn’t even too paranoid or worried during the 14 minutes and 47 seconds that I left my car in the Costco parking lot. I think next maybe I’ll allow eating in my car. An apple or something. Maybe.

Porsche Taycan Major Taycan accomplishment thanks to this forum 🛒 8B575534-CE3F-4A73-95D4-EDC42F6966A2
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
So on my way home from work yesterday my wife texted me and asked if I could buy a couple Costco pizzas for a school event. Now normally I would NEVER EVER take my car to Costco but thanks to this forum and my previous post about being overly cautious with my Taycan I did it. I wasn’t even too paranoid or worried during the 14 minutes and 47 seconds that I left my car in the Costco parking lot. I think next maybe I’ll allow eating in my car. An apple or something. Maybe.

8B575534-CE3F-4A73-95D4-EDC42F6966A2.jpeg
I don't know looks pretty dicy - and the $5 Costco roasted chicken's sometimes spill fluid on the way home - best to have them quadruple bagged - also that TRD pick up truck looks a bit close

I'd recommend more caution and perhaps - best just to leave it in the garage to avoid any risk.

you're being reckless and it won't go well for you - and beside the Taycan drives like sh*t - probably better to take your beater Model 3 to Costco - leaving the Taycan pristine and unsullied.

I simply do not understand people wanting to drive their EV's - makes no sense.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I have zero fear of taking my nice cars to Costco - even the DeLorean. I have a specific spot at my local store that protects my vehicles.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Next thing you know you'll be hauling Petunia, the truffle pig, home with you in the passenger seat (buckled up of course so that she is safe and can enjoy the passenger display) following a successful day of rooting out truffles from the dark, moist soil in the oak groves.

Works best with Truffle leather.

Last edited:

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Me driving home after picking up the car at Porsche NA HQ in Atlanta.
Note daughter
280283951_5845715858776814_3679250868238857647_n.jpg
eating from open bag of chips!!
Aside from a lovely family moment, this post gives me anxiety. :D

I personally find that the riskiest time on the road is during the first week or so of owning a new car before you become accustomed to it.

Eating while driving is far scarier to me than just eating in the car generally.

I hate it when anyone wants to eat in my car. I only eat in rental cars.

My daughter once damaged two of our three cars in one week (well, neither was serious and one was not her fault -- but the other was her driving my Tesla X into the front of the garage when she was in D instead of R), so seeing a child driving your car so soon is anxiety inducing.

Add it all together and holy crap man!

Edited to fix auto-correct errors.

Last edited:

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
:) Sorry for the anxiety - not my intention. Was merely trying to show that everyone is different.

Eating - I don't go out of my way to eat in my Taycan (Audi or Alfa - Defender I don't care), but also, I'm comfortable enough to clean it well. I've had many exec cars and never felt I lost $1 in value due to an inability to clean it

Daughter driving - she looks young, but has 10 years experience. Her first car was a BMW 328i and she has driven my pervious AMG, Maserati, etc, etc. She is an accomplished track pilot and motorcycle rider with great skills (better reaction time than me).

Not judging anyone else for doing different, just flagging the other side of the coin.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Dog hair in a car - never!!!!
Sponsored