TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
:) Sorry for the anxiety - not my intention. Was merely trying to show that everyone is different.

Eating - I don't go out of my way to eat in my Taycan (Audi or Alfa - Defender I don't care), but also, I'm comfortable enough to clean it well. I've had many exec cars and never felt I lost $1 in value due to an inability to clean it

Daughter driving - she looks young, but has 10 years experience. Her first car was a BMW 328i and she has driven my pervious AMG, Maserati, etc, etc. She is an accomplished track pilot and motorcycle rider with great skills (better reaction time than me).

Not judging anyone else for doing different, just flagging the other side of the coin.
I’m glad you recognized the seriousness behind my post. I’ll send a bill for the emergency therapy session I scheduled upon reading. ;)
Sponsored

bxwatso

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT
Country flag
So on my way home from work yesterday my wife texted me and asked if I could buy a couple Costco pizzas for a school event. Now normally I would NEVER EVER take my car to Costco but thanks to this forum and my previous post about being overly cautious with my Taycan I did it. I wasn’t even too paranoid or worried during the 14 minutes and 47 seconds that I left my car in the Costco parking lot. I think next maybe I’ll allow eating in my car. An apple or something. Maybe.

8B575534-CE3F-4A73-95D4-EDC42F6966A2.jpeg
My Costco has nicely wide parking spots. Don't eat an apple in the car. it sprays juice on the dashboard.

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
So on my way home from work yesterday my wife texted me and asked if I could buy a couple Costco pizzas for a school event. Now normally I would NEVER EVER take my car to Costco but thanks to this forum and my previous post about being overly cautious with my Taycan I did it. I wasn’t even too paranoid or worried during the 14 minutes and 47 seconds that I left my car in the Costco parking lot. I think next maybe I’ll allow eating in my car. An apple or something. Maybe.

8B575534-CE3F-4A73-95D4-EDC42F6966A2.jpeg
NO EATING IN THE CAR! Never, ever!😁. All kidding aside, your post has helped me. I am headed to Cabela's today and was debating with myself whether or not to take the Taycan or the H3. Headed out the door now with Taycan fob in hand. I will however, park on an end of the isle away from all others...............................

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Sorry, Costco's "big value consumption" ethos outside my Venn diagram.

Please update when you've crossed the McDonald's drive thru barrier :p

Last edited:

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
NO EATING IN THE CAR! Never, ever!😁. All kidding aside, your post has helped me. I am headed to Cabela's today and was debating with myself whether or not to take the Taycan or the H3. Headed out the door now with Taycan fob in hand. I will however, park on an end of the isle away from all others...............................
An EV in a Cabela's parking lot... in Texas? You may need to put a "Not a political statement - just drive it for the looks - please don't key my car... Cummins Diesels 4 Life" sign in your window to make sure you don't get keyed. I'm nervous for you.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
An EV in a Cabela's parking lot... in Texas? You may need to put a "Not a political statement - just drive it for the looks - please don't key my car... Cummins Diesels 4 Life" sign in your window to make sure you don't get keyed. I'm nervous for you.
just get a Go Brandon magnetic sticker that you can apply when you park and remove before you leave . . .

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
My 17 year old son loves it when I let him drive the Taycan. My wife freaks out about it.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
No matter how far away and alone you park someone will inevitably park next to you.

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I made it and of course all is well and good, but you are right - it may be my own paranoia but my prior Porsche (993 C4S with a Turbo S nose and tail) made me wary of where I parked it. I cannot tell you the number of times that I came out of a shopping mall or even the grocery store to find that someone dumped their Big Gulp all over my car. I guess that I was relieved that they didn't do any physical damage, just something that could be handled by a Saturday morning wash. But still it makes you concerned about driving a very noticeable car. And it is not just Porsches - I have a friend that has a Tesla and he experiences the big dually diesels 'rolling coal' pretty regularly. Sigh...............

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I made it and of course all is well and good, but you are right - it may be my own paranoia but my prior Porsche (993 C4S with a Turbo S nose and tail) made me wary of where I parked it. I cannot tell you the number of times that I came out of a shopping mall or even the grocery store to find that someone dumped their Big Gulp all over my car. I guess that I was relieved that they didn't do any physical damage, just something that could be handled by a Saturday morning wash. But still it makes you concerned about driving a very noticeable car. And it is not just Porsches - I have a friend that has a Tesla and he experiences the big dually diesels 'rolling coal' pretty regularly. Sigh...............
Sounds like a stellar reason to spec Night Vision Assist + Ionizer!

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No matter how far away and alone you park someone will inevitably park next to you.
That too!!!!! I go to our local running trails daily and park with friends - so 3 cars in a whole EMPTY parking lot. I don't know how many times we have gotten back to our cars and sure enough someone decides that the only desirable spot is right next to one of our cars when there are at least 200 other empty spots. Usually does not disturb me, but one the my friends goes berserk when someone parks next to her. I won't even park next to her car!😁

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Not as much as your insurer i'd guess?
My insurance requires him to be on the policy. It’s not very expensive.
Sponsored