ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
You may as well allow sweating as well, given all the other stuff you let her do.

Gotta set limits somewhere, otherwise it's just anarchy.

On topic for Costco and general stuff carrying, I have collapsible baskets for anything that might cause a mess as well as the cargo tray.

OP
OP
BMonte13

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
2020 Taycan 4s….just flipped 40,000 miles. I drive it EVERYWHERE and not a single scratch on it. Costco…..Piece of cake. In fact, I‘ve eaten cake in it. It’s just a car at the end of the day. :)
When I was growing up in the 80s, a son of immigrant parents, I got a paper route to buy a treasured pair of Reebok pumps. I proudly wore those hard earned sneakers, was careful where I wore them, and promptly marked down any scuff marks. Fast forward to today and it’s no different with my hard earned and treasured Taycan. Objectively it’s a car yes, but it’s not just a car.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Just before my Taycan arrived i had health problems and the only good thing resulting was a Blue disabled badge. I now get more free parking and much wider spaces close to a destination. All a lot lot better. Any downside? The looks and comments! Apparently you can’t possibly need a blue badge if you can run a Taycan. . .

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
When I was growing up in the 80s, a son of immigrant parents, I got a paper route to buy a treasured pair of Reebok pumps. I proudly wore those hard earned sneakers, was careful where I wore them, and promptly marked down any scuff marks. Fast forward to today and it’s no different with my hard earned and treasured Taycan. Objectively it’s a car yes, but it’s not just a car.
You and your family are the amazing miracle, not the possessions you can buy. It is just a car. You could lose it tomorrow and you would still be amazing. The minute you become too invested in something you have bought, it sort of owns you, and you are too good for that. Thinking of Seneca and the stoics a bit . . .

I'm pretty sarcastic usually, but I do mean this . . .

And I'm hypocritical as hell. My cars are never damaged in public. The few scratches I have have all been in my own garage accomplished by my own family, which does drive me a little mad . . hahaha

Last edited:

Icebergmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 850i, Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
You and your family are the amazing miracle, not the possessions you can buy. It is just a car. You could lose it tomorrow and you would still be amazing. The minute you become too invested in something you have bought, it sort of owns you, and you are too good for that. Thinking of Seneca and the stoics a bit . . .

I'm pretty sarcastic usually, but I do mean this . . .

And I'm hypocritical as hell. My cars are never damaged in public. The few scratches I have have all been in my own garage accomplished by my own family, which does drive me a little mad . . hahaha
Right, my own kids ding my doors more than people in public LOL

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
That it’s a big pick-up truck parked next to an EV something tells me this might not have been accidental…? o_O
Pure accident. High school girl driving the family pickup. I backed the truck off our car and was surprised how poor the visibility was and how wide the turning radius was - a good candidate for RAS.

The cross turismo plastic arches saved her quite a bit of $$. Scratched and pushed on the plastic, with no paint or aluminum panels damaged.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Pure accident. High school girl driving the family pickup. I backed the truck off our car and was surprised how poor the visibility was and how wide the turning radius was - a good candidate for RAS.

The cross turismo plastic arches saved her quite a bit of $$. Scratched and pushed on the plastic, with no paint or aluminum panels damaged.
Great attitude. I’m sure she was mortified.

I’m embarrassed to admit that I left sushi grade Toro and Opa in my back seat overnight. Thought of this thread when I remembered :)

I never knew my car could smell so good
Sponsored

Last edited: