TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Haha you guys have become boat watchers! Shame on Porsche really this is a shambles!
Sponsored

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
It’s docked earlier this morning - at the Audi / Porsche dock rather than VW. Has done the same for the last trip also, so looks like they are clearing the backlog of Audi / Porsche before VW.

And yes I know far more than I want to about Emden dock - a colossal shambles on behalf of the VW group.

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
I quite like following it to be honest as sad as it may sound!

I wish Porsche would tell us the actual ship reference as that would make it way more exciting.

I think once it actually arrives in the UK it feels a bit more exciting as now it just feels like it could be a week or months.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think once it actually arrives in the UK it feels a bit more exciting as now it just feels like it could be a week or months.
Think it will be relatively soon now as the Malacca Highway takes around 4000 cars each time. Backlog for Audi / Porsche cannot be that big that it takes months. There is also the other ship that serves Grimsby but that takes a lot less at around 1000 cars. Likely the bottleneck will be when it reaches the UK and transporter shortage.

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
I quite like following it to be honest as sad as it may sound!

I wish Porsche would tell us the actual ship reference as that would make it way more exciting.

"Sitting at the dock of the bay, waiting Taycan's........ to sail away" !!

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
And, a ray of hope for those north UK dealers that expect cars via Grimsby because “City of Rotterdam” has left Grimsby (after docking Sat pm) For return to Emden ... could it be set to reload for return to Grimsby?
Porsche Taycan Malacca Highway arriving at Sheerness around now E48A2645-2FD8-4665-BC6E-88B71022C85F

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
And, a ray of hope for those north UK dealers that expect cars via Grimsby because “City of Rotterdam” has left Grimsby (after docking Sat pm) For return to Emden ... could it be set to reload for return to Grimsby?
E48A2645-2FD8-4665-BC6E-88B71022C85F.jpeg
I hope so! Has anyone had a call today to say their cars at Grimsby?

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
I'm expecting a car via Grimsby but didn't get a call today. All going well, it'll arrive on the next sailing, be ready on the 1st July, vat will be at 15% and I'll get an OLEV grant :) or not as the case may be.

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
I'm expecting a car via Grimsby but didn't get a call today. All going well, it'll arrive on the next sailing, be ready on the 1st July, vat will be at 15% and I'll get an OLEV grant :) or not as the case may be.
You should still get the grant assuming your car has been registered. If the VAT reduces then it’s an added bonus

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
Where is your source that "VAT will be at 15%" ??

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And the Malacca Highway is on it's way back to Sheerness - due at 8am tomorrow. Dealers should have an update on their system shortly.

Last edited:

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
And the Malacca Highway is on it's way back to Sheerness - due at 8am tomorrow. Dealers should have an update on their system shortly.
Been told I am *not* on the boat, hope others have had more luck

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
Where is your source that "VAT will be at 15%" ??
There are various rumours that Sunak will cut VAT to 17% or 15% in early July, Search VAT on google news and you'll see the commentary.
Sponsored