psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
City of Rotterdam is back at Emden loading up for Grimsby by the looks of it! Fingers crossed for anyone else waiting

It went there via Newcastle (From Grimsby). Must have dropped off all the Scottish Taycan's on the detour :)
Sponsored

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
It went there via Newcastle (From Grimsby). Must have dropped off all the Scottish Taycan's on the detour :)
Certainly was, It may have been for a service/repair as Tyne is one of the few docks that can do a wet repair

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Certainly was, It may have been for a service/repair as Tyne is one of the few docks that can do a wet repair
Porsche don’t use the port but Audi/VW do so it could have dropped my Etron off :facepalm:

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
LOL..... What we do know is that there is one lucky Red owner there !! ;-)
And we hope it is our Carmine Red Turbo S coming to the US, not the UK. :)
Our Porsche guy says it is in Emden.

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
Good afternoon shipmates, welcome to a new week of..... waiting !

Malacca Highway arrived back at Emden this morning. Fingers crossed for anyone waiting for their Taycan

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Just been told that my car is Due into the uk on July 3rd, dealership on July 10th and ready for me to collect from them on the 15th (assuming all the dates stay the same)

Last edited:

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Just been told that my car is Due into the dealership on July 10th and ready to collect from them, on the 15th
Good news - thought you were picking it up in September now?

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good news - thought you were picking it up in September now?
Im prob going to lease it as it’s over £11k cheaper
So I don’t care what registration I get

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
My one is on it's way. Confirmed left the factory on Friday. Dealer non comital at this stage on delivery to me, but we kind of expect that to around the 15th July

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I told you guys earlier in the thread to expect all your cars in July :)

Dealers had zero incentive to deliver cars in June!

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I told you guys earlier in the thread to expect all your cars in July :)

Dealers had zero incentive to deliver cars in June!
But the Dealers also don’t have any control of when the cars arrive in the UK, they haven’t been sat on them

BMW I’m picking up tomorrow they were desperate to get that out by the bend of June as that’s the end of Q2 as most manufacturers work on quarters

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
But the Dealers also don’t have any control of when the cars arrive in the UK, they haven’t been sat on them

BMW I’m picking up tomorrow they were desperate to get that out by the bend of June as that’s the end of Q2 as most manufacturers work on quarters
Exactly what I said above. This quarter was "written off" for most dealer groups (Porsche) and no bonus was payable for this quarter hence why cars were delayed to July onwards. Porsche themselves were probably not prioritising their deliveries for this reason.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Exactly what I said above. This quarter was "written off" for most dealer groups (Porsche) and no bonus was payable for this quarter hence why cars were delayed to July onwards. Porsche themselves were probably not prioritising their deliveries for this reason.
My car is actually arriving at the dealership on the original date so it’s certainly not the case for mine, as I I’ve said previously I’ve been told by Porsche and Audi while speaking to them about my cars that VW are pulling rank and prioritizing their own models on the boats and they are having to share what space is left
as its them that own some of the boats and operate some others

ill decide next week what I’m going regards mine (just awaiting the revised figures from my dealership)
im picking up my BMW X5 45e tomorrow so that will keep me entertained for a few days while I’m deciding

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
My car is actually arriving at the dealership on the original date so it’s certainly not the case for mine, as I I’ve said previously I’ve been told by Porsche and Audi while speaking to them about my cars that VW are pulling rank and prioritizing their own models on the boats and they are having to share what space is left
as its them that own some of the boats and operate some others

ill decide next week what I’m going regards mine (just awaiting the revised figures from my dealership)
im picking up my BMW X5 45e tomorrow so that will keep me entertained for a few days while I’m deciding
The X54e is is a lovely drive too. I had one for a weekend thanks to Sytner. A word apart from the previous gen car...enjoy
Sponsored