Malacca Highway arriving at Sheerness around now

Phoneticduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A6, Q7
Country flag
Boats are not loaded like you think. I’ve been told that VW & Audi get loaded and if there is space then Porsche get loaded. Crazy way to work but that’s the process.
well, it looks like Malacca is on a VW run again....but to your point, with the amount of action that side of the dock is getting maybe they are moving cars around to free up space for stuff coming up from Ahlhorn and / or off the trains to the east side.

Or put another way, I think tracking ships is pointless at this time..
Sponsored

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
well, it looks like Malacca is on a VW run again....but to your point, with the amount of action that side of the dock is getting maybe they are moving cars around to free up space for stuff coming up from Ahlhorn and / or off the trains to the east side.

Or put another way, I think tracking ships is pointless at this time..
I don't think Porsche are moving as many cars as people think on these boats....

Its also extremely frustrating that they have no real order for this. There are people who have paid deposits back in September and have locked specs in last year who still have no idea when they are likely to receive their cars.

Poor poor show from Porsche on this.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I don't think Porsche are moving as many cars as people think on these boats....

Its also extremely frustrating that they have no real order for this. There are people who have paid deposits back in September and have locked specs in last year who still have no idea when they are likely to receive their cars.

Poor poor show from Porsche on this.
Are those people all in the states? So far my schedule has been spot on. Delivery next week, cross your fingers!

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
i was told last week my car was due into the UK last friday but I've just spoken to my dealer and they have had no update on my car since it left the factory!

they have said this isn't unusual and they have been getting emails from Porsche advising them what's going to be arriving to then the next day on the low loader
so there is a chance mine could still arrive tom them this week

the longer it goes on the more likely i will just wait till september

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
If mine is not here next week then I'm going to ask the dealer to keep the car till September as well.

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
Mine was supposed to be here first week of July...Im not told 'sometime' in July.

Not great really.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Well I’ve had some good news: my 4S is at Sheerness so hoping it will be at the dealership by the end of the week

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Well I’ve had some good news: my 4S is at Sheerness so hoping it will be at the dealership by the end of the week
Cool when was your car completed @Gwaihir ?

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Car build ended on 23rd June, so not bad as the official build was 26th June. Looks like things are speeding up. Car originally ordered November last year. . .
That’s speedy. Mine finished production 24 May but no sign of it yet. Apparently it’s still sat in Ahlhorn. Hoping for some movement soon...

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Same. Now getting dealer silence, they seem to be in the dark. This is my first Porsche, can't say it's a great experience so far.

[For the boat watchers, Main Highway seems to be heading to Sherness now]

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Same. Now getting dealer silence, they seem to be in the dark. This is my first Porsche, can't say it's a great experience so far.

[For the boat watchers, Main Highway seems to be heading to Sherness now]
i agree mate its awful service from all the dealers, they all seem to think we are happy to just wait

they don’t appreciate we need to know when they are coming
as we all need to fund the cars, sort insurance and most of us have other cars to sell etc
In my case i need to get a flight down and a long drive home

as I've said my dealer is saying the Porsche system is showing no update on my car since it left the factory but was poss on Saturdays boat
they said they will get an email from Porsche the day before their transporter delivery advising what is arriving!!!
That to me seems awful service

Phoneticduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A6, Q7
Country flag
i agree mate its awful service from all the dealers, they all seem to think we are happy to just wait

they don’t appreciate we need to know when they are coming
as we all need to fund the cars, sort insurance and most of us have other cars to sell etc
In my case i need to get a flight down and a long drive home

as I've said my dealer is saying the Porsche system is showing no update on my car since it left the factory but was poss on Saturdays boat
they said they will get an email from Porsche the day before their transporter delivery advising what is arriving!!!
That to me seems awful service
the issue seems to be the arrangement they have with their shipping company. They presumably get paid by the number of units they can ship, and I’d imagine once the cars are in the bonded area of the dock, it is entirely up to them what gets loaded when.

There are instances of cars arriving on a train and rolling directly into a ship. Less hassle for the shipping company than trying to shuffle the cars already there or do any form of prioritisation.
None of this is excusable, VAG should be managing their supply chain much much better, reaching down into the detail and ensuring a much better customer experience.

Cant fault the dealer network, they are just franchises at the mercy of Porsche. In that game the manufacturer calls the shots and when they tell a dealer to jump (or shut up) that’s the end of the matter.
Sponsored