OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
the issue seems to be the arrangement they have with their shipping company. They presumably get paid by the number of units they can ship, and I’d imagine once the cars are in the bonded area of the dock, it is entirely up to them what gets loaded when.

There are instances of cars arriving on a train and rolling directly into a ship. Less hassle for the shipping company than trying to shuffle the cars already there or do any form of prioritisation.
None of this is excusable, VAG should be managing their supply chain much much better, reaching down into the detail and ensuring a much better customer experience.

Cant fault the dealer network, they are just franchises at the mercy of Porsche. In that game the manufacturer calls the shots and when they tell a dealer to jump (or shut up) that’s the end of the matter.
Seems the cars they stored at Ahlhorn are very bottom of the list to move. My car has been stuck there for some time ..... but as you say cars coming off the production line now are getting straight on ships. Guess the Ahlhorn cars now need to be slotted back in to the schedule.
Sponsored

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
Seems the cars they stored at Ahlhorn are very bottom of the list to move. My car has been stuck there for some time ..... but as you say cars coming off the production line now are getting straight on ships. Guess the Ahlhorn cars now need to be slotted back in to the schedule.
Would assume that’s the case. My dealer has spoken to head office and they have said it will be delivered this month and has been made urgent.

Wether that’s BS or not, it might be worth putting some weight on your dealer. I have that in black and white and will be pushing my dealer for a loan car the end of this month if it hasn’t arrived.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Would assume that’s the case. My dealer has spoken to head office and they have said it will be delivered this month and has been made urgent.

Wether that’s BS or not, it might be worth putting some weight on your dealer. I have that in black and white and will be pushing my dealer for a loan car the end of this month if it hasn’t arrived.
I wouldn’t bother they will just give you that shitty plug in Panamera without a pano sunroof thats laying around!!!!

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
I wouldn’t bother they will just give you that shitty plug in Panamera without a pano sunroof thats laying around!!!!
I’d take that if it’s insured and free, we aren’t all snobs....*cough Q2 cough*

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
I’d take that if it’s insured and free, we aren’t all snobs....*cough Q2 cough*
Be lucky if you get a loan car. When I asked that I was told they couldn’t due to COVID. What that’s got to do with it I’ve no idea. They didn’t seem to be able to explain either.

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Being told I am now "on a boat", looking good for delivery by the end of next week.

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Great news @SteveMc - out of interest when did your car complete production, and did it get stored at Ahlhorn at all? Just trying to get a handle on what’s happening with the Porsche supply chain.

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Great news @SteveMc - out of interest when did your car complete production, and did it get stored at Ahlhorn at all? Just trying to get a handle on what’s happening with the Porsche supply chain.
Hi David, I don't have the exact date, but when the dealer came back to the office on 1st June I was told the car had already left the factory, which would imply late May, in line with yourself. No idea on the Ahlhorn question, I have struggled to get precise details so I stopped fretting too hard.

I hope you have good news soon too!

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi David, I don't have the exact date, but when the dealer came back to the office on 1st June I was told the car had already left the factory, which would imply late May, in line with yourself. No idea on the Ahlhorn question, I have struggled to get precise details so I stopped fretting too hard.

I hope you have good news soon too!
Thanks Steve. Sounds very similar to mine so you never know, I might get a call from the dealer soon!

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
My car still at port in Germany. Been told to continue to expect it 15th July.

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
Finally picking mine up on Friday after a long wait. Originally due end April but got PPFed today and Gtechniq before I collect :) Hopefully worth the wait.

Porsche Taycan Malacca Highway arriving at Sheerness around now 6b416c9d-bab2-44bd-a998-43cf84d716f0

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Finally picking mine up on Friday after a long wait. Originally due end April but got PPFed today and Gtechniq before I collect :) Hopefully worth the wait.

6b416c9d-bab2-44bd-a998-43cf84d716f0.jpeg
Nice, so did you take delivery and send it to the detailer or did the detailed work on site at the dealer?

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice, so did you take delivery and send it to the detailer or did the detailed work on site at the dealer?
Not taken delivery yet. The dealer took it to the detailer so I can get it all done before delivery.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Not taken delivery yet. The dealer took it to the detailer so I can get it all done before delivery.
That's great service! Mine told me I had to take delivery and then do what i want!

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's great service! Mine told me I had to take delivery and then do what i want!
It's central Scotland. People are a bit more chilled out. Audi did this on my last two cars as well.
Sponsored