Malacca Highway arriving at Sheerness around now

SAM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS, 435D Gran Coupe
Country flag
Yup... I'm one of those Sept '19 chaps waiting. Can only assume mine has been their for so long its hemmed in deep at the Emden parking lot!

Hay-ho.... I'm off on holiday for a few weeks of distraction. Hopefully when I get back, she will be finally waiting for me to collect.

Same here !! :angry:
I put my deposit down at the start of 2019 and was expecting my car in March but it kept getting delayed so much so that it got caught by the pandemic shut down. It eventually completed manufacture around the 20th May and has been stuck in a holding location ever since.

This is frustrating but what makes me really annoyed is the fact that cars manufactured more recently are getting shipped and delivered to customers. It really is a poor process when the first cars into the holding facility become the last cars out. Porsche need to get this sorted as that is completely unfair and unacceptable. My dealer suspects they won't see my car until late August which means it will be a September delivery to me. So what would normally take 4 or 5 weeks from the car going into production to it being delivered to the customer is going to take ~6 months.

It may as well be a used car because things start to rust and seize up being sat around for so long. As for the battery conditioning it also can't be great having a fully depleted battery which I suspect it will have been by now. Combined with a generally poor dealer experience it's not a good situation at all.
Sponsored

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
I put my deposit down at the start of 2019 and was expecting my car in March but it kept getting delayed so much so that it got caught by the pandemic shut down. It eventually completed manufacture around the 20th May and has been stuck in a holding location ever since.

This is frustrating but what makes me really annoyed is the fact that cars manufactured more recently are getting shipped and delivered to customers. It really is a poor process when the first cars into the holding facility become the last cars out. Porsche need to get this sorted as that is completely unfair and unacceptable. My dealer suspects they won't see my car until late August which means it will be a September delivery to me. So what would normally take 4 or 5 weeks from the car going into production to it being delivered to the customer is going to take ~6 months.

It may as well be a used car because things start to rust and seize up being sat around for so long. As for the battery conditioning it also can't be great having a fully depleted battery which I suspect it will have been by now. Combined with a generally poor dealer experience it's not a good situation at all.
It is very frustrating, I have voiced my concerns to my dealership. However, the whole global car industry is in a bit of a pickle due to what going on this year.

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It is very frustrating, I have voiced my concerns to my dealership. However, the whole global car industry is in a bit of a pickle due to what going on this year.
Update - confirmed that I have indeed escaped from Alhorn to Emden and am due on the boat about to leave for the UK, looking at delivery end of next week. Third time lucky.

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
I have had "The call" .... my Turbo Lady is at Sheerness.... "#Sheerly_not"... I said... "#Sheerly_yes" was the reply!!!

Perfect timing as I am off on holiday tomorrow, best distraction medication ever :like:....:sun:

SAM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS, 435D Gran Coupe
Country flag
I have had "The call" .... my Turbo Lady is at Sheerness.... "#Sheerly_not"... I said... "#Sheerly_yes" was the reply!!!

Perfect timing as I am off on holiday tomorrow, best distraction medication ever :like:....:sun:
Fantastic news!... It also gives me a little bit of hope that mine might make an appearance soon!

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I'm fed up waiting as well, anyone know if the boat to Grimsby has arrived? Mine exited Emden yesterday, dealer has not provided a update yet. Supposed to be here tomorrow.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
i had an email this morning to say my car arrived at sheerness over the weekend, at least its now in the UK and hopefully ready to collect early september

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag

Sorry to hear this, ridiculous really. The car being sat there for 6 months is totally unacceptable.

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
I had an email from my dealer to say my car was delayed at the port due to outstanding recall campaigns.

Not sure if this is just the case for Turbo S or any vehicle

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
Similar update here. Turns out I’m not on “on a boat” as previously told, but also at Ahlhorn. The delay is due to an extra “quality control” check which is now complete and it’s now en route to Emden. Apparently 7 cars have had the same fate, I wonder if we are two of them.

That said, I honestly don’t know what to believe any more.
Has it been released/delivered yet as mine is now stuck somewhere for a quality check and I would like to know how long this takes?

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
I’ve been told there are cars stuck at the dock awaiting ‘outstanding recall campaigns’

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Has it been released/delivered yet as mine is now stuck somewhere for a quality check and I would like to know how long this takes?
Morning, yes it’s been released and is in transit, delivery next week I am told. As far as I can tell the quality check seemed to add a few days to the whole process.

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I wouldn’t bother they will just give you that shitty plug in Panamera without a pano sunroof thats laying around!!!!
How did you know. Look what I’ve been lent to tide me over until delivery ...

Porsche Taycan Malacca Highway arriving at Sheerness around now 812D8091-ADEF-45B0-B98E-1DCC0C8A4214

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
Morning, yes it’s been released and is in transit, delivery next week I am told. As far as I can tell the quality check seemed to add a few days to the whole process.
Ok thanks for your response. If it is just a few days then i will have to live with that but if it was going to be longer i would take an alternative course of action. (was reading some were stuck in holding for up to 6 months)
Sponsored