Granola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant Quattro
Country flag
Just noticed my local Porsche configurator isn't showing Mamba Green Metallic and Cherry Red Metallic as colour options anymore. Is this a bug or are others seeing this also?
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Just noticed my local Porsche configurator isn't showing Mamba Green Metallic and Cherry Red Metallic as colour options anymore. Is this a bug or are others seeing this also?
And Mahogany and maybe others I didn't notice, the colour choice area looks very sparse compared to what I am used to.
They have dropped a lot of PTS colours too.
It happened yesterday, probably (IMHO) because they sold shares and IME short term share price and dividend becomes the main business objective once this happens.
Two engineering businesses were emasculated by going public around here.

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
No idea what ‘Cherry Red’ is, within the UK configurator- the only red type colour shown is Carmine Red, as far as I am aware, I think that was the only pre-set Red option at the time of my order last year and present:

Porsche Taycan Mamba Green and Cherry Red colors are gone 1680169674899

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
…ah correction - just seen the ‘Paint to Sample’ and presume this was your observation not the pre-set colours as per my post above.

£6,852 is certainly a cost to make the eyes water!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No idea what ‘Cherry Red’ is, within the UK configurator
It was one of the metallics at a small premium in the UK configurator until recently.
It was on my shortlist when i ordered mine.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No idea what ‘Cherry Red’ is, within the UK configurator- the only red type colour shown is Carmine Red, as far as I am aware, I think that was the only pre-set Red option at the time of my order last year and present:

1680169674899.png
The configurator changed to the page you just showed here yesterday.
Until then there were quite a few more metalics, Cherry, Mamba and Mahogany I remember the page looks almost unrecognisably sparse as of yesterday :(

Edit:
I just put my code into the page and it gave the configurator as it was when the code was stored and only 3 colours have been removed, Cherry, Mamba and Mahogany.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Oh, I completely forgot about mahogany. Indeed, it's gone too.

Here's to hoping there will be some new colours soon.
GT Silver being one I hope....

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Removed indeed (permanently, not sure) but they won't have been popular colours (Coffee Beige should be axed too along with the Frozen colours IMHO) would be my guess and expect a few new ones to appear as they gear up for MY24. Let's hope Papaya doesn't feature!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
along with the Frozen colours IMHO)
:(
Frozen Berry is the only one left I genuinely like, I am not sure I would have bought a Taycan at all from the current configurator.
There are some I quite like, Gentian and Coffee, but most are meh or ugh.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They have even removed their version of British Racing Green from the PTS list, though there are several other greens I like in there but probably wouldn’t pay that much extra for a colour, just wouldn’t bother at all.

laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
edit: posted without thinking but I suppose this is a hidden price increase. If you are dead set on a more uncommon color, you now have to pay up for PTS.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
The configurator changed to the page you just showed here yesterday.
Until then there were quite a few more metalics, Cherry, Mamba and Mahogany I remember the page looks almost unrecognisably sparse as of yesterday :(

Edit:
I just put my code into the page and it gave the configurator as it was when the code was stored and only 3 colours have been removed, Cherry, Mamba and Mahogany.
The worst looking Taycan I have seen was Cherry Red with Chery Red Mission Es. It was dreadful. That I would not miss.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The worst looking Taycan I have seen was Cherry Red with Chery Red Mission Es. It was dreadful. That I would not miss.
I am not keen on any colour Mission-E wheels, personally, but like cherry red– it is the only red Porsche do which I do like, actually, I’m not normally a fan of red cars.
Sponsored