RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
:(
Frozen Berry is the only one left I genuinely like, I am not sure I would have bought a Taycan at all from the current configurator.
There are some I quite like, Gentian and Coffee, but most are meh or ugh.
Matt Farah got his 718 Spyder in Frozen Berry (after the first one sunk into the ocean) and boy did he get a lot of flak for it online, but I have a feeling it may be one of those Porsache colors where the appreciation for it grows years from now.
Porsche Taycan Mamba Green and Cherry Red colors are gone Fft1N6SWAAE0srH
Sponsored

Rusk

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
wow the price increases mean that my same car I ordered now would cost £7K more! Sad to see mamba go as I love mine and think it really makes the Taycan look special

Genyosai

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-tron GT Prestige
Country flag
No idea what ‘Cherry Red’ is, within the UK configurator- the only red type colour shown is Carmine Red, as far as I am aware, I think that was the only pre-set Red option at the time of my order last year and present:

1680169674899.png
Cherry Red Metallic is my favorite color on the Taycan:

Porsche Taycan Mamba Green and Cherry Red colors are gone 1680183687136

Porsche Taycan Mamba Green and Cherry Red colors are gone 1680183706540

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
:(
Frozen Berry is the only one left I genuinely like, I am not sure I would have bought a Taycan at all from the current configurator.
There are some I quite like, Gentian and Coffee, but most are meh or ugh.
I saw a Coffee Beige at the dealers 3 weeks ago and it was double ugh (honest).

At this rate Porsche are forcing people into PTS territory as the colour choice originally was pants (apart from the boring colours you don't like) and now further reduced (for now). Coming to work today I was behind a Frozen Blue Turbo - confirmed my original dislike for the colour.

Genyosai

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-tron GT Prestige
Country flag
Looks great in photos (just like Carmine Red does) however in real life in non brilliant sunshine disappoints unfortunately.
I've seen only one Cherry Red Taycan in person and it was more stunning in person. But yeah... lighting plays a huge part.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
My Porsche SA called me this morning after I sent him a text earlier asking about my Mamba Green GTS ST on order. He reassured me that these changes are from MY24 onwards so don't affect my order which has a build week around 12th June. If everything goes to plan, I should have one of the last Mamba Green cars.

aatothek

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E92 M3, S6 AVANT C7, Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
No idea what ‘Cherry Red’ is, within the UK configurator- the only red type colour shown is Carmine Red, as far as I am aware, I think that was the only pre-set Red option at the time of my order last year and present:

1680169674899.png
No Cherry Red and Mamba Green were always on UK configurator but they're gone now...

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan CT 4S, '24 BMW XM, '23 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
Matt Farah got his 718 Spyder in Frozen Berry (after the first one sunk into the ocean) and boy did he get a lot of flak for it online, but I have a feeling it may be one of those Porsache colors where the appreciation for it grows years from now.
Fft1N6SWAAE0srH.jpg
Porsche Austin has (had?) a Frozen Berry RWD Taycan on the showroom floor when I was picking mine up. It looked really good, I think it is one of those colors that depends on good pictures, or seeing it in person.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I saw a Coffee Beige at the dealers 3 weeks ago and it was double ugh (honest).

At this rate Porsche are forcing people into PTS territory as the colour choice originally was pants (apart from the boring colours you don't like) and now further reduced (for now). Coming to work today I was behind a Frozen Blue Turbo - confirmed my original dislike for the colour.
I have only seen coffee in photos and liked it, though I prefer to drink coffee black.

I love a nice metallic burgundy and the cherry changes colour with the light, though not as much as Mamba which is amazing and doesn’t show the dirt as badly as I expected.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
IIRC, Porsche has only ever put GT Silver on their sports cars.
Is a Panamera classed as that - because you can spec GT Silver on that - your logic is incorrect, at least in the UK

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
And Mahogany and maybe others I didn't notice, the colour choice area looks very sparse compared to what I am used to.
They have dropped a lot of PTS colours too.
It happened yesterday, probably (IMHO) because they sold shares and IME short term share price and dividend becomes the main business objective once this happens.
Two engineering businesses were emasculated by going public around here.
This happens often when the configurator is being updated for MY changeover. I don't think it has anything to do with the share price.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Never heard of him but like his car!
He does a podcast/youtube show called The Smoking Tire that's pretty well-regarded. Very knowledgeable reviewer of cars.

Here's his initial take on the Taycan Turbo S, which, as almost always, he provides while cruising the canyons around L.A. He eventually reviewed just about the entire model lineup and generally has had positive impressions.

The 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo S is Probably Too Fast - One Take - YouTube
Sponsored