Managing Apple Music in PCM - resume, add to queue?

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I have a remarkably elementary question... how did you even get Apple Music to work?

I paired an account via Connect and the PCM changed from "pair an account" to "select a song from the list" but there is no music showing. If I open Music on my phone I have playlists and music. It's like despite being linked, the native interface on the car is totally oblivious.
Had exactly the same problem. Here are the steps that solved my problem:
1. Open iTunes on your computer.
2. Once you have Apple Music it has a "For You" tab on the top menu. This will present various artists / albums / collections. Select whichever you want by opening it
3. Once in that album / selection, if you click on the right side of the screen on the Add button it will put the album in your library list
Porsche Taycan Managing Apple Music in PCM - resume, add to queue? 1595294014488
4. Next time you are in the Taycan choose Library from the Apple Music menu (top of the PCM) and the same selections that you made on your computer will pop in there.
5. Go into a list. It will look frustrating - on that screen it looks like you can only play in the order the songs are on the original selection, and there is no button to advance / repeat.
6. Now you go into "Play" tab at the top of the PCM, then the screen displays the forward / back / play buttons, and has also the shuffle icon. Play your list here

PS. I did not have Apple Music before (found the Spotify in Tesla more than enough). To activate the 6 months trial period go into Porsche connect and "purchase" the free Apple Music. That send an email to your account and you follow the link to activate the service.
Sponsored

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
,2020 Taycan rurbo, 2018 GT3 1997 911 C4S, 1996 911 TT, 2008 911 GT2,1989 Speedster, 1994 3.6
Country flag
When you have tried to play some music, does the car have LTE coverage and a good signal? I agree that it is not every time that I can get it to work. I got it to work today, kind of? It had strong signal to an LTE connection and it showed my lists. And according to the display it played the tune, but no music came out through the speaker! The volume adjustment did not do anything. After a brief stop and locking, unlocking the car, it started playing correctly.

It is not a stable system and starts back from the start every time you come back to the vehicle. But that maybe a feature of Apple rather than the car. I think my phone does the same once I have stopped Playing the songs and shut down my phone?

I have not found a way to get my playlist to play in random order either?

I also found that my phone seems to buffer more of the music stream and plays without breaking up. The car can loose the connection and the music stops playing. I have tested this several times on my normal driving route and there can be some coverage problems with the cellular network.
I didn’t have that issue my entire music library is in the PCM it takes time to load