Maps and Radio take 30 seconds to load after turning the car on

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Maps and radio spin for about 30 seconds after I start the car. While spinning, I can still listen to the radio but I cannot control the volume, since the PCM is very unresponsive. Maps spin at both screens.
I did not have this problem until recently. Now I have it frequently. Anyone else?

Last edited:

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Don't know about controlling the volume just after start-up - haven't tried. But I DO know it takes about 30 seconds for the car to establish an LTE connection from the PCM. If you have HD radio enabled, that means HD radio is delayed for that 30 seconds. If you want to use Apple Music, nope - delayed for 30 seconds. Bluetooth connects more quickly which makes Apple Music through Bluetooth a better bet, FWIW.

OP
OP
chrisk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
WMA5 update does not fix the delayed map and delayed radio load issue. The issue happened again today and my car is already updated.

Last edited:

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
But I DO know it takes about 30 seconds for the car to establish an LTE connection from the PCM. If you have HD radio enabled, that means HD radio is delayed for that 30 seconds.
HD radio is over FM, not LTE (cellular)

JD4S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same issue. Started about 2 weeks ago and not consistent on MY20. Scheduled for software update at dealer first week in May.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Maps and radio spin for about 30 seconds after I start the car. While spinning, I can still listen to the radio but I cannot control the volume, since the PCM is very unresponsive. Maps spin at both screens.
I did not have this problem until recently. Now I have it frequently. Anyone else?
do you have a computer at home? how long does it take to boot up after being turned on?
same concept.

OP
OP
chrisk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
do you have a computer at home? how long does it take to boot up after being turned on?
same concept.
I don't agree with your parallelism. PCM starts fast, only the map and radio functions take a while to load. It happens one in five times. It is not ok to drive two blocks until the navigation and radio is available.
It does not happen to any other car including Porsche Macan and Cayenne that also have computers/PCM.
SO "it is a computer" is not an excuse here. There is some procesure/bug in Taycan's software that get it in this state and whatever it is it is not fixes in WMA5 which was supposed to improve load times (based on letters send to owners).
Sponsored