March 4S deliveries

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had an early December lock date and delivery is scheduled for early March ; build should be done next week - but I haven’t heard a single thing from Porsche corporate (as opposed to my local dealer). I was told I should expect a bunch of emails, but nothing so far. SA hasn’t responded to my recent inquiries on this - maybe on vacation? This is unusual, right? I know there’s been TYD issues of late.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Too early in the process to expect emails.

Nothing to stop you from creating your Porsche Connect ID now as that will be used later in the process.

Bazza

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne hybrid V6 (Taycan on order)
Country flag
Too early in the process to expect emails.

Nothing to stop you from creating your Porsche Connect ID now as that will be used later in the process.
However it seems the poor comms from Porsche dealerships re Taycan dates/dels/ promised dels etc is worldwide!
If I don’t chase I don’t hear anything (lock date was gonna be Nov, now could be Feb or March?)
I’ve bought new from my Taycan dealer before - the difference in coms from then till now is big!!
I get that the worldwide Taycan demand has way exceeded expectations, plus the microchip issue etc, but that’s no excuse for poor comms?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
However it seems the poor comms from Porsche dealerships re Taycan dates/dels/ promised dels etc is worldwide!
If I don’t chase I don’t hear anything (lock date was gonna be Nov, now could be Feb or March?)
I’ve bought new from my Taycan dealer before - the difference in coms from then till now is big!!
I get that the worldwide Taycan demand has way exceeded expectations, plus the microchip issue etc, but that’s no excuse for poor comms?
I have 20 years experience of Porsche and this is 'normal', cr@p but entirely normal such is the arrogance (they don't try to sell and more a case of build it and they will come).

OP
OP
RingoDingo

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have 20 years experience of Porsche and this is 'normal', cr@p but entirely normal such is the arrogance (they don't try to sell and more a case of build it and they will come).
FWIW - a call to customer service and, after a lengthy hold time, they sorted it out. Seems there was a technical problem on their side. Now have "track your dream" available on my My Porsche app.

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag
Had an early December lock date and delivery is scheduled for early March ; build should be done next week - but I haven’t heard a single thing from Porsche corporate (as opposed to my local dealer). I was told I should expect a bunch of emails, but nothing so far. SA hasn’t responded to my recent inquiries on this - maybe on vacation? This is unusual, right? I know there’s been TYD issues of late.
I'm on the same page as you. I had an early Dec lock date. I do have a tracking sheet from Porsche of Austin. I'm also looking at a early March delivery date. Have you heard any thing from the dealer recently? My retail delivery date is March 11th.

OP
OP
RingoDingo

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm on the same page as you. I had an early Dec lock date. I do have a tracking sheet from Porsche of Austin. I'm also looking at a early March delivery date. Have you heard any thing from the dealer recently? My retail delivery date is March 11th.
Last I heard from Porsche Austin my due date was 3/11, but TYD is showing delivery a week earlier - 3/4. TYD has my car completed and on its way to Emden to be put on the boat.

OP
OP
RingoDingo

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I called Porsche customer service and they said there was an error on my account. Once they cleared it, I was able to do Track Your Dream. I bet it was messed up when your order went in too.

itsRandy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Last I heard from Porsche Austin my due date was 3/11, but TYD is showing delivery a week earlier - 3/4. TYD has my car completed and on its way to Emden to be put on the boat.
This is the same story with me. My SA actually contacted me yesterday to tell me that it was complete and was showing a delivery date of 3/4. I noticed you referencing the my Porsche app. Ive been worried about downloading it because the stories about issues with Porsche IDs. Do you not have to wait to take delivery before getting the app? Thanks.

OP
OP
RingoDingo

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is the same story with me. My SA actually contacted me yesterday to tell me that it was complete and was showing a delivery date of 3/4. I noticed you referencing the my Porsche app. Ive been worried about downloading it because the stories about issues with Porsche IDs. Do you not have to wait to take delivery before getting the app? Thanks.
I have the app and no car (though I do have the VIN). Seems to work for me.

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag
I called Porsche customer service and they said there was an error on my account. Once they cleared it, I was able to do Track Your Dream. I bet it was messed up when your order went in too.
Not sure, I'm also expecting my car to be here on the 11th of March. Tracking shows a week early like you stated. What color did you decide on?

OP
OP
RingoDingo

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure, I'm also expecting my car to be here on the 11th of March. Tracking shows a week early like you stated. What color did you decide on?
CWM. If I had to do it over I’d have overridden my wife and gone Mamba with the gold wheels, but long term the white is safe bet.

OP
OP
RingoDingo

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is your car on Supreme Ace? That ship is coming into Baltimore early.

Bazza

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne hybrid V6 (Taycan on order)
Country flag
When did you first order your car - I’m curious to know how long the order to delivery process has taken for you??

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
I'm growing impatient with the process myself. I put a down payment in November. At that time, my dealer told me they'd receive allocations "end of Jan/early Feb", so I check back in and he tells me, sorry we only received one 4S allocation, next batch will be in March.

Thinking of taking my business elsewhere, as it seems others have had far better luck.
Sponsored