First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Packing:
- The CT is not a Cayenne or Macan (I've had both) but I have to say, it packed very well. I needed to leave the double seat down for the dog but we were able to get everything in that did not go with a mover.

Porsche Taycan Maryland to Florida in a CT4S 1682241154103
Porsche Taycan Maryland to Florida in a CT4S 1682241349821

Charging:
- After reading all of the horror stories regarding Electrify America, I decided to include two over-nights as opposed to one. I wanted to take the pressure off and have time to deviate from the plan. I used ABRP to plan the route, arriving at each station with no less than 20% SoC. I figured that would leave enough charge to find alternatives, "just in case". Every scheduled stop was EA. What can I say... I wanted to take advantage of the free charging :) .
- There were 12 planned EA stops. Plug & Charge worked every time. Applause.
- There was always an available CCS charger. Sometimes many. It was good to see 350kw chargers (Hyper-Fast) but I never recieved higher than 125kw at them. There were two stations that had messages stating that power was reduced for maintenance purposes but I still recieved over 50kw. I did have to change chargers one time because I was only recieving 18kw but the alternate was much better.

Porsche Taycan Maryland to Florida in a CT4S 1682242909382

All Lane Keep:
- I decided to connect for one month (received an additional three at no charge). For me, it was fantastic for a long trip down I-95. It made for a relaxed experience..

In closing, I was quite impressed with the way my Taycan handled this trip. Does it have some quirks, sure. Nothing, IMO, that would keep me from loving this car.

Cheers!

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Having travelled that route a few times I agree with your experiences with EA, they still have a ways to go before being considered good.
12 charging stops is a lot of stops. I live in NE FL, what was your destination?

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
The number of charging stops, 12, surprised me. We drove our 2021 4S sedan with 20” all season tires from Fort Lauderdale to Washington DC last July. We left Fort Lauderdale with a nearly full battery and stopped to charge 5 times (I just confirmed my memory of the number of stops in the transactions section of the My Porsche App). We charged at EA at Cocoa FL, Brunswick GA (had to use 3 chargers for reasons I don’t recall), Walterboro, SC, Lumberton NC, and Emporia VA. I just checked on ABRP for the reverse trip today and it recommends 4 charging stops, but with a section where the max speed is limited to 65 mph, which would be near suicidal on I95, so effectively 5 stops again. The difference in stops may be related to different assumptions on efficiency and the acceptable lower limit of charge on arrival at each station. We expect to do this trip again soon, but will probably include one overnight since the trip last summer was about 19 hours.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve done four or five round trips between DC and Orlando areas, 850 miles each way, with four EA stops. No major issues so far. I drive straight through in about 16.5 hours including charging and a leisurely lunch. I have accounts with other charging services as a backup, but haven’t needed them yet. I used to travel to Florida on the Amtrak Auto Train, but the I-95 drive, charging situation, and comfort of the Taycan make driving more enjoyable.

Emokeff88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
I’ve done four or five round trips between DC and Orlando areas, 850 miles each way, with four EA stops. No major issues so far. I drive straight through in about 16.5 hours including charging and a leisurely lunch. I have accounts with other charging services as a backup, but haven’t needed them yet. I used to travel to Florida on the Amtrak Auto Train, but the I-95 drive, charging situation, and comfort of the Taycan make driving more enjoyable.
I live in VA Beach but I'm from Orlando so I'm all to familiar... The only pain for me was when I arrived to Orlando and had to travel a long way to charge at the only EA station at the Florida mall that services a very populated area. I've also taken the Taycan on the Auto train

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I live in VA Beach but I'm from Orlando so I'm all to familiar... The only pain for me was when I arrived to Orlando and had to travel a long way to charge at the only EA station at the Florida mall that services a very populated area. I've also taken the Taycan on the Auto train
I've done the auto train, even met another taycan driver, and for orlando the destination is ok but I live 2+ hours north of sanford so I won't be using it again

Porsche Taycan Maryland to Florida in a CT4S IMG_5143

the orlando EA charger at that mall is a bit out of the way, there are about eight chargers there that usually are working but the place can get very busy and waits are not uncommon.
Sponsored