Massage option or 18 way seat - You choose?

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Anyone have thoughts on the massage option offered on the Taycan? I had 14 way on my 911 and I thought they were uncomfortable. Would you go with 18 way over 14 way. massage seats? I am looking for the driving experience first but long trips make one want to spec the car correctly.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

ceresma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S90D 2015
Country flag
I got the 14 way with the massage. Really nice. The turbo s I test drove had the sport seats. Also nice but I’m very happy with my choice

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I love the 18-way I have in my Macan (and had in the 981), so I'm hoping the Taycan is similar.

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone have thoughts on the massage option offered on the Taycan? I had 14 way on my 911 and I thought they were uncomfortable. Would you go with 18 way over 14 way. massage seats? I am looking for the driving experience first but long trips make one want to spec the car correctly.

Thoughts?
18-way seats also offer: electric adjustment of steering column; memory function for steering column, both exterior mirrors, and other personalized in-car settings; map pockets on rear side of driver and front passenger seat backrests.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
For me it's definitely 18 way. I've driven mercedes with massage seats and I find it very distracting. Someone is poking and prodding you while driving. And you can't really feel the road as well. If you're in a car that's like a lexus (rolling living room), then sure, get the massage seats.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
I drove around the country in 14-way seats. I never had a problem with comfort.

If I were to spec a car, I’d go 18-way because the side bolsters are adjustable. I’m skinny, so narrower adjusted side bolsters would help in keeping me in place in the twisties or on track.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I agree, the adjustments on the 18 way mean you fit like a glove. I find the leg bolsters need adjusting because otherwise my left leg is constricted by the bolster when it rests on the foot rest.
All the adjustments help you dial in just what you like.

But I’m pretty sure the sport seats would be very nice too.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I got the 14 way with the massage. Really nice. The turbo s I test drove had the sport seats. Also nice but I’m very happy with my choice
I agree. The massage seats were a pleasant surprise with a variety of programs and intensities. It made my 1000 mile road trip a lot more comfortable.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Last two Porsche’s had 18-way seats. Love them, especially the bolsters, lumbar, and leg extensions (34” legs).

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
The Taycan I drove at the Porsche Center in LA had massage seats. The Instructor (Coach?) turned them on while I was doing Launches. VERY distracting! But I wasn’t used to them. It was sensory overload. Your backside may vary.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
We got the massage seats and love them.

The function is significantly more refined and well designed then the ones we had in our Audi etron.
Sponsored