Maximum AC charing rate: 9.6 kW or 11 kW?

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do tell! Did you happen to get a copy of that newsletter? Did it say when these features will be available? When you say “no wireless charging”, you mean that it said that they have no plans to offer that?
I assume that the"no wireless charging" is either a free option to order car without it or a menu option to disable it. The wireless charging uses the same technology as induction cooktops which can cause problems with devices like pacemakers. I assume it's for people who have no desire to do wireless charging and would prefer not having that kind of radio wave transmitter next to them.

Weather that could be enable through software on existing vehicles would depend on how much forethought they had when doing the hardware in the car.
Sponsored

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You’re saying that if the car supports wireless charging, that that could disrupt pacemakers even if you’re not actually doing wireless charging? That doesn’t sound right. All you’d need to do if you didn’t want to do wireless charging is to avoid doing wireless charging.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You’re saying that if the car supports wireless charging, that that could disrupt pacemakers even if you’re not actually doing wireless charging? That doesn’t sound right. All you’d need to do if you didn’t want to do wireless charging is to avoid doing wireless charging.
Wireless chargers have some proximity detection before they induct, that is true. And also I don't think wireless charging has any significant radio frequency unlike induction ranges, but it does radiate so I imagine there are use cases where people do not want to have the possibility of inductive charging. That's the only logical reason I can think of in making it an option.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I guess. But it would be nice to have it as an option. I’d want it. Strange that they’d offer it instead as a “not option”.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I guess. But it would be nice to have it as an option. I’d want it. Strange that they’d offer it instead as a “not option”.
I can imagine it being a free "not option" for 4S and better like badge deletion but may a paid option for cars below 4S when they come out.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’d still love to see a copy of that “newsletter”. It would be nice to know when they are saying these options might become available.

Stefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X, Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid, Dodge RAM
Country flag
I received today the information for the 22kw-OBC (Europe): start is week 36/2020 (first week september 2020).

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I received today the information for the 22kw-OBC (Europe): start is week 36/2020 (first week september 2020).
So is it a separately priced option? Or base after that date?
I am also curious if it will affect single phase 240V charging to support >9.6kW.

Stefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X, Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid, Dodge RAM
Country flag
instead of the 11kw OBC as standard. Optional HUD is coming too with this update
Sponsored