May 2023 Deliveries

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Well, I’ve managed to put 650 miles on dealer’s Taycan Turbo S since they gave it to me last Thursday - these were planned miles which I had expected to be carried out in my own new car!

In that time I’ve had 5 separate charging experiences:
- Gridserve (Solstice park) - high powered charger, worked seamlessly (@66p / KWh)
- AC charging at destination with a 3-pin plug (very slow as expected, but added useful charge overnight)
- Ionity (Cullompton) - high powered charger worked seamlessly (@30p / KWh with Porsche card)
- Gridserve (Solstice park) - high powered charger worked seamlessly (@66p / KWh)
- AC charging at home with a 3-pin plug (very slow as expected, but added useful charge overnight (my Zappi 22kw charger is not yet up and running!).

Overall, my (limited) charging experience has been very positive.

Further, my first long trip included plenty of “range anxiety” (the Sat Nav system suggested we would be getting to the charger with 25 miles to spare, but I had no idea how that might vary according to driving style and traffic etc, so I was fixated on the range and the outstanding distance).
However, in practice, the range data seemed to be extremely reliable and subsequent journeys were much more relaxed.

Hopefully I can get to try this out in my own car soon!
Sponsored

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Further, my first long trip included plenty of “range anxiety” (the Sat Nav system suggested we would be getting to the charger with 25 miles to spare, but I had no idea how that might vary according to driving style and traffic etc, so I was fixated on the range and the outstanding distance).
However, in practice, the range data seemed to be extremely reliable and subsequent journeys were much more relaxed.
Ah yeah, I had a similar experience. ~500 miles after getting the car, though that was in California, and the last leg before checking into the hotel at about midpoint was similarly tight. By the end of it, I had range mode on and was monitoring.

It got way worse when I arrived at the destination with maybe 40 miles to spare, and realized that the hotel I've chosen was such a dump, I did not actually want to stay there. Interestingly, it was a hotel where I only had to pay when actually checking in, not only leaving me able to find something better without remorse, but also making me wonder if they knew what a dump they have there...

Luckily, those ~40 miles, and the car's conservative estimate of range on the last lag, meant I had absolutely more than enough to find a fantastic, clean, modern, friendly hotel (from one of the "lesser" Hilton chains) with a Level 2 charger.

Got out of the hotel refreshed and happy, and the positive experience made the last leg home all the more enjoyable.

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag
Well, I get to take delivery twice. Once last Tuesday and again this Tuesday (tomorrow). They pulled the log this morning, sent it off to the motherland and Porsche cleared the car for sale this afternoon. :rock:

Here’s hoping everyone else has it so easy:beer:

DaddyCool

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (Ordered Nov 21, expect May 23)
Country flag
Well, I get to take delivery twice. Once last Tuesday and again this Tuesday (tomorrow). They pulled the log this morning, sent it off to the motherland and Porsche cleared the car for sale this afternoon. :rock:

Here’s hoping everyone else has it so easy:beer:
That is encouraging. Same day clearance from HQ, rather than upto three days quoted by my SA.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
That is encouraging. Same day clearance from HQ, rather than upto three days quoted by my SA.
Well since the stop-sale was announced, the dealer has had my car for 4 days (Thursday to Monday) and no news so far!

Ammo102

First Name
Amardeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S, Audi Q3
Country flag
I popped down to the dealer yesterday and he allowed me to see my CT 4S and even sit it in - Friday 19th was meant to be my collection, im just hoping i get hold of it next week.

Nothing worse seeing the car, but not being allowed to take it away.

He told me they are checking vehicles in order that they were built - and once the report has been sent across - will have to wait 3 days to get a report back - so im in the queue for getting checked and no idea how long that will take :)

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Still hoping for May delivery.
TYD has been good on major status points, but it is no ship tracking system.
Tracking the ship using free version has been fun and accurate.
Using marinetraffic.com after SA confirmed it is on the vessel.
For example, arrived at Davisville on time 5/23, now heading to my port of Baltimore with ETA 5/25.
Anyone else on the same ship as me?

Porsche Taycan May 2023 Deliveries 1684969922344

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I am still a May delivery on the last day.
Car dropped off at Baltimore on 26-May-2023.
TYD updated to show 31-May-2023 which is realistic if no issues at PDI or missing parts.

Porsche Taycan May 2023 Deliveries 1685199224416

stonecold926

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I am still a May delivery on the last day.
Car dropped off at Baltimore on 26-May-2023.
TYD updated to show 31-May-2023 which is realistic if no issues at PDI or missing parts.

1685199224416.png
Pretty sure I will see you in the June deliver thread.

Mine initially showed to deliver to the dealer on 4-24 when it landed at the US port. And the most recent "updated" date (the fourth update) is 5/26 and yet today (5/27) I am still looking at an empty garage.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Pretty sure I will see you in the June deliver thread.

Mine initially showed to deliver to the dealer on 4-24 when it landed at the US port. And the most recent "updated" date (the fourth update) is 5/26 and yet today (5/27) I am still looking at an empty garage.
Mine doesn't even update anymore. Still shows 5/23/23 for dealer delivery haha. Can't be too mad, originally it showed 6/9/23.

Machine-Rules

First Name
MD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 2023
Country flag
My Taycan is not moving since 05/17/2023 from the port. Anyone experiencing similar to this or have any updates?

Porsche Taycan May 2023 Deliveries 1685464466170

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 CRV, 2020 Highlander, 2023 Taycan 4s incoming
Country flag
My Taycan is not moving since 05/17/2023 from the port. Anyone experiencing similar to this or have any updates?

1685464466170.png
Mine hasn't moved since May 11th. No word from Porsche as to why and no estimate as to when it will be delivered.

stonecold926

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

1685464466170.png
mine has stayed at San Diego since 4/24. TYD has given me multiple different deliver dates, the latest one is 5/26 which I believe will change to something else later. Never heard a word from anyone this whole time.

Absolute BS purchasing experience so far.

lwc1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
mine has stayed at San Diego since 4/24. TYD has given me multiple different deliver dates, the latest one is 5/26 which I believe will change to something else later. Never heard a word from anyone this whole time.

Absolute BS purchasing experience so far.
that sucks, have you reached out to your SA? That's along time being left in the dark

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan CT4, 23 911T, 24 Rivian R1S, 71 BMW 2002
Country flag
My CT4 has been at Emden since 4/20. It was scheduled to leave 5/22 but no dice. Just as an interesting aside my 911T zipped through Emden in like 3 days back in April and was just delivered last Saturday. Build “complete” date on the CT4 was 4/18. Now June delivery—at best, haha. Mysterious goings on!
Sponsored