Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
The EQS interior seems years ahead of the Taycan with the hyperscreen MB is offering. Check out youtube Autogefuhl video. MB IS CLAIMING THE RANGE WILL BE 435 miles. No pricing yet but will be available in Europe this year. i think the key will be the drive experience. The Taycan is fast, drives like a Porche and the exterior styling is better than the MB. However the interior of the MB is better. Wonder if the MB will be a better EV?
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The EQS will not have "better range" than the Taycan, it will have a "bigger battery" which will absolutely make it drive like a boat. Efficiency will likely be almost the exact same. Range claims mean nothing, every company except Porsche drastically overstates the range of their EVs.. Porsche is literally the only company that undersells it.

The interior is a matter of perspective. The EQS looks way over the top and I much prefe the clean, minimalistic approach of the Taycan.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am not sure what suspension the EQS will have but the latest MB air suspension in the E and GLE upper trims is very good and very close to Porsche's suspension.

As for the futuristic look, I personally think it sacrifices functionality for the looks. The review says that the capacitative buttons on the steering wheel are very hard to control. I personally want physical buttons and door handles that are easy to operate instead of fancy looking but hard to use controls. That's why the Audi etron Gt will be on the top of my list next time.

Last edited:

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I do like the interior, but the exterior is shaping up to be nothing like the concept and more like an egg shaped A Class.

EQS was on my radar, but it seems the Taycan wins on everything, from exterior looks, luxury interior, ride quality and by far in performance.

Porsche Taycan Mercedes Benz EQS vs Tayacn 2022-mercedes-benz-eqs-interior

I did saw this driving around this morning

Porsche Taycan Mercedes Benz EQS vs Tayacn 20210328_091144

Porsche Taycan Mercedes Benz EQS vs Tayacn 20210328_091128

Porsche Taycan Mercedes Benz EQS vs Tayacn 20210328_091118

Porsche Taycan Mercedes Benz EQS vs Tayacn 20210328_091114

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Beauty is surely in the eye of the beholder and generally I'm a fan of MB interiors, but that looks to me like the interior of a car from a bad 70's sci fi movie.

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
This may not be a popular opinion, but I find that Mercedes interiors always look better in photos and don't live up in person. My dad has a new E-class with the big displays. I thought it looked nice until I rode in it. Not a fan.

Porsche will never have the luxury interior of a top Mercedes, BMW, or Audi. They typically go for the "luxury sports car" feel. Which in my opinion is what I want in my car. I'll leave the luxury interiors for my dad.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
This may not be a popular opinion, but I find that Mercedes interiors always look better in photos and don't live up in person. My dad has a new E-class with the big displays. I thought it looked nice until I rode in it. Not a fan.
Completely agree for lower-end Mercedes (including E-class). Look great in photos but the photos don't show the cheapness. Not so with S-class though, especially with the upgraded interiors.

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
I have been buying S classes for 30 plus years, one every other year. With the S class, the real life interior is always better than the pictures. In my opinion, this car is going to be gorgeous inside and as plush as it gets. That being said, certainly the outside of the car does not appear to be anything special.

Knowing MB for so many years, and having owned the Taycan now, I am pretty sure the EQS will never compare to the drive of the Taycan. I think they will actually be two separate cars and actually not comparable.

The Taycan is an electric 4 door sports car, drives incredibly and feels like a sports car. The EQS will most likely drive like an S class, and will never feel like a sports car.

In my opinion, two different cars, I'll probably have both of them.

Mrmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT63s amg, Panamera GTS, s560, Range Rover
Country flag
The EQS will not have "better range" than the Taycan, it will have a "bigger battery" which will absolutely make it drive like a boat. Efficiency will likely be almost the exact same. Range claims mean nothing, every company except Porsche drastically overstates the range of their EVs.. Porsche is literally the only company that undersells it.

The interior is a matter of perspective. The EQS looks way over the top and I much prefe the clean, minimalistic approach of the Taycan.
speculation at its finest.

they are two seperate segments and im open enough to think both cars are great in itself.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
speculation at its finest.

they are two seperate segments and im open enough to think both cars are great in itself.
Exterior looks terrible because they went overboard chasing low drag coefficient. Interior looks awesome though & I'm sure the ride will be incredibly luxurious. Would prefer to be a passenger in one rather than driving one.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I will spec the interior in black, the white is too pretentious and simply unpractical.

The 108 kWh battery should be very good for long distance traveling and with RAS easy for the city.

Hopefully can order it soon, desperately in need to ditch our MS90D.

Last edited:

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag

I think you also need to add EQ'S' is meant to be the limo electric car, so it will be opulent inside, and probably not overly exciting to look at (but we might be surprised). However, it will also drive very smoothly and not unlike a normal S-class. Porsche on the other hand benchmarked and often references the Taycan driving experience with a 911. So unless the EQS drives like an AMG-GT - there is not comparison...IMO

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I already watched a few videos, and one of the german guys, said, he could not believe how low the consumption innercity is, he had readings of 14kWh/100km. Since I get this with my Taycan, I would expect around 13kWh/100km. Looking forward to a test drive.

Also RAS seems to be mind blowing with such a long car.

Watch at 34:35, how he turns around to charge on a 350kW Grid company charger. Eager to see, how much better it is compare to my Taycan.
Sponsored