Mercedes Benz EQS vs Tayacn

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just saw that EQS length will be 205 inches!!! That is almost 10 inches longer than the Taycan which is already a big sedan.
There is no way the EQS will drive anywhere close to the Taycan with such a long wheelbase even if they do miracles in suspension tuning.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I just saw that EQS length will be 205 inches!!! That is almost 10 inches longer than the Taycan which is already a big sedan.
There is no way the EQS will drive anywhere close to the Taycan with such a long wheelbase even if they do miracles in suspension tuning.
There goes my idea of maybe buying an EQS in the future. At least in Europe, it is way too big to fit in parking spots either on streets or most car parks. I had read somewhere it was going to be under 5 meters long. Maybe an EQE and if it comes to fruition in estate form, all the better.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I don't believe that the MB is intended to drive like or compete with the taycan. the MB is a grand touring salon

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Comparing the Taycan to an EQS is pointless. However, compare it to a Tesla Model S, the apparent pinnacle of range, performance and space, and suddenly the game is afoot. The EQS has undoubtedly more range, will be better built, and the price of the two will be similar. I think the real "Tesla Killer" has arrived. If Tesla don't drop the price of the Model S dramatically, its hardly a contest.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Comparing the Taycan to an EQS is pointless. However, compare it to a Tesla Model S, the apparent pinnacle of range, performance and space, and suddenly the game is afoot. The EQS has undoubtedly more range, will be better built, and the price of the two will be similar. I think the real "Tesla Killer" has arrived. If Tesla don't drop the price of the Model S dramatically, its hardly a contest.

These T guys completely lost it - so I assume that they think they have enough crazy fanboys buying overpriced MS...

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag

These T guys completely lost it - so I assume that they think they have enough crazy fanboys buying overpriced MS...
Ah man when I saw that announcement I laughed out loud. I knew it was another vapor shit show and people will jump on it. My god how are people still supporting this idiot????

Kortin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
For me, taycan is the best car ever. Since I bought it, I enjoy driving every moment. This car has plenty of advantages but I don't want to list them all. By the way, I am looking for a good option for my wife. Which car to choose? One more question, are there any TouchUpDirect reviews? Is this website reliable?

Last edited:

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have been a Porsche guy for almost 30 years.

The EQS interior was very nice, much more modern and plush than the taycan. The main screen is enormous and very slick. The car showed 195 miles or range left with 52% charge (That crushes any Taycan in range). It rode very nice, smooth. I drove it in the rain and in traffic. It was plenty quick (was a 580). Its butt ugly in some colors. It looked good in Silver with the AMG wheels.

I am waiting to see the EQS AMG and will drive it. ON range alone it, and quality of craftsmanship and interior, its a very capable and nice daily driver.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have been a Porsche guy for almost 30 years.

The EQS interior was very nice, much more modern and plush than the taycan. The main screen is enormous and very slick. The car showed 195 miles or range left with 52% charge (That crushes any Taycan in range). It rode very nice, smooth. I drove it in the rain and in traffic. It was plenty quick (was a 580). Its butt ugly in some colors. It looked good in Silver with the AMG wheels.

I am waiting to see the EQS AMG and will drive it. ON range alone it, and quality of craftsmanship and interior, its a very capable and nice daily driver.
I saw one in person the other day, and I was not impressed. Not an objectively good looking car.... looks like somebody stepped on a Honda Odyssey.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The EQS will not have "better range" than the Taycan, it will have a "bigger battery" which will absolutely make it drive like a boat. Efficiency will likely be almost the exact same. Range claims mean nothing, every company except Porsche drastically overstates the range of their EVs.. Porsche is literally the only company that undersells it.

The interior is a matter of perspective. The EQS looks way over the top and I much prefe the clean, minimalistic approach of the Taycan.
Real range means everything to me
Sponsored