Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I already watched a few videos, and one of the german guys, said, he could not believe how low the consumption innercity is, he had readings of 14kWh/100km. Since I get this with my Taycan, I would expect around 13kWh/100km. Looking forward to a test drive.

Also RAS seems to be mind blowing with such a long car.

Watch at 34:35, how he turns around to charge on a 350kW Grid company charger. Eager to see, how much better it is compare to my Taycan.
Great video

How important is efficiency in your decision in purchasing an EV?
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I love the interior with all the screens. It does look like something from a sci fi movie, and I like that. And I have always liked S class interiors.

I am really hoping that the exterior car looks a lot better in person than in the pics since it just seems so bland and nothing special.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
How important is efficiency in your decision in purchasing an EV?
For me personally not that much, but so far, I was in the habit of always buying the model with the largest range for resell value. Maybe a silly idea.

But with the Taycan, I now only charge the car when it is almost empty and always charge it to 100%, so it fells like driving an ICE, but with big benefits.

I also went on a road trip recently, and there range was really handy, and again, it felt like driving an ICE...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I love the interior with all the screens. It does look like something from a sci fi movie, and I like that. And I have always liked S class interiors.

I am really hoping that the exterior car looks a lot better in person than in the pics since it just seems so bland and nothing special.
The German guy already did his launch video, and he said the car looks much better than what he has in the video.

Will it be flashy like the Taycan? Sure not, but I think it will be nice enough to enjoy driving it on the weekends with the family.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's not as ugly as I thought it was going to be, but it has nothing to do with the concept

It looks like a long hatchback, not a car that will be in the mid $100k

Porsche Taycan Mercedes Benz EQS vs Tayacn 20210414_161027

Porsche Taycan Mercedes Benz EQS vs Tayacn 20210414_161024

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
It's not as ugly as I thought it was going to be, but it has nothing to do with the concept

It looks like a long hatchback, not a car that will be in the mid $100k

20210414_161027.jpg

20210414_161024.jpg
I think it is pretty much in line with their other cars and I think it is what customers need and like.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I don't see why the EQS should be compared to the Taycan. Completely different cars. Like comparing the Mercedes S 500 to a 911 GTS, a Cruise Ship to a Speedboat, a Semi Truck to a GoKart... Jokes aside, it is a good looking luxurious EV with GREAT range. No harm in talking about it in here and comparing it to the Taycan, but I wouldn't talk about it like it's competition to the Taycan. I'd say if you're rich enough get both and you'll be a very happy EV driver ?

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't see why the EQS should be compared to the Taycan. Completely different cars. Like comparing the Mercedes S 500 to a 911 GTS, a Cruise Ship to a Speedboat, a Semi Truck to a GoKart... Jokes aside, it is a good looking luxurious EV with GREAT range. No harm in talking about it in here and comparing it to the Taycan, but I wouldn't talk about it like it's competition to the Taycan. I'd say if you're rich enough get both and you'll be a very happy EV driver ?
I was looking at both, but it was between the EQS and Taycan unless there is a Taycan coupe.
Taycan gives you Luxury, quite ride and can be ultra sporty if you spomp on the accelerator.

If someone had to chose one, Its the Taycan all the way.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I agree with you. Both are very good cars but they should not be compared. They address different segments just as the S- Class and Porsche have done over the years.

Nice review of the interior here. Looking forward to the unveiling tonight!

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Performance EQS will be 560kw or 750hp. That should be interesting

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I like the hatch (and the big battery). The rest I am mostly ambivalent about.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'd never buy an S-class, so the EQS is not really in a class of cars I'd consider. The Taycan is already too big. :p

afel

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
They are apples and oranges. That huge screen is just overdone. I really see different drivers for both cars. I am so happy with my Taycan in that it has the benefit of being a real Porsche but with the lucky strike extras of zero emissions and a flat torque curve!
Sponsored